Nice sunrise ....

6th September 2016 (Tuesday) .... 08.00     Although the sky is mostly overcast it is warm....a grand morning for a haircut.    I’ve been down on the beach, to
Sunrise over Elie
catch the sunrise, and I had it, the beach, all to myself.     Sunrise time was bonnie though not spectacular, but it is always interesting seeing the sunlight of a new day coming over the Eastern horizon.     The best photo, of sunrise time, was when the sunlight first ‘touched’ the houses at Chapel green... that was bonnie.    I’ll put it up on ‘The Hutte’ later;   right now I need to have breakfast.  


22.30     Jim and I went to Leven to have our haircut, then met Myra, at the Harbour House in Elie, for tea/coffee.... and a goodie.   Jimmy had phoned when I was out;   he’d missed out on his morning cuppa and thought that he was beginning to suffer from dehydration!     However he came along in the afternoon and he’s well filled up with tea.

First sunlight on Chapel Green, Earlsferry
My ‘pop up toaster’ has lost its ‘pop up’ capability;  so ....  I burnt my toast this morning.    There are three ‘buttons’ on the toaster .... (two  more than I can cope with) ....and, I suspect, that one of the ‘buttons’ will start the ‘pop up’ facility again.    There’s nae toaster been invented that’s going to beat me.... but tomorrow morning might change that.

 ‘M’s flight from Edinburgh to Frankfurt took “iggzactly” one and a half hours, having taken off from Edinburgh at 18.03, and touching down at Frankfurt at 19.33.... all UK  (BST) times.     The ‘big’ plane, an A380-800, took off from Frankfurt at 21.32, so ‘M’ is now on the ‘longer legs’ of her trip home to Otaki;  this one, and the Hong Kong to Auckland one, are both 12 hours, or so, in duration.     I’m keeping an ‘eye’ on her journey on Flight Radar.

Jim and Jimmy came along in the evening;    we drank tea, ate a few biscuits, and
M's plane over Germany,  on Flight Radar
generally sorted out the stuff that the politicians can’t sort out.... a busy evening indeed!

I have yet to devise a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   but I must get out on the bike at some point;   I didn’t even get the bike out of the shed today.    The weather forecast is not bad for tomorrow .... cloudy with bright spells, .... nice enough for some exercise time.

Photographs : Top – sunrise over Elie this morning, Middle – the first touch of the sun on Chapel Green, and, Bottom – ‘M’s aeroplane (the red one) on Flight Radar, flying over Germany.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....