Feeling positively... frisky

16th September 2016 (Friday) ..... 09.00     We’ve had overnight rain, and it is still overcast ...however ‘the Boy’ has a washing going through the machine
Middle pier Pittenweem
and is confident that the weather will be of the ‘drying’ kind in an hour or so.    Having said that, there are thunder storms creeping up the North Sea, off the East coast ....as long as they stay there, and they will ‘cos the wind is from the North west? .... Yep ...the washing will be dry by evening time.   I’m in a ‘positive’ mood this morning .... I might wash and polish ‘Sooper Buggy’.


22.00      Hey ... this has been a nice day for getting things done... and my washing dried in ‘nae time’.... after the sun got going.   I nearly cut down the Buddleia bush, but was sidetracked when discovered that there are still three flower heads (spikes I think they are called) on which I saw a Small Tortoiseshell, a Painted Lady, a Peacock and a Red Admiral (Butterflies) feeding.... the Buddleia bush remains ‘in situ’.... until the last flower heads seed.    I managed to get photos of a well weathered Small Tortoiseshell, and a pristine Red Admiral sunning itself on the wall.    This was happening in the early part of the afternoon.

Mid Shore Pittenweem from the old pier
My morning started with a run along to Elie, in ‘Sooper Buggy’,  to pick up my paper, then go to the Chemist to pick up my pills.    It might have been done the other way round, but those were the two missions I set out to accomplish.   In whichever order they were done both were accomplished with aplomb .... I was feeling good this morning!    When I got back to ‘Sooper Buggy’ I thought ... “I wonder? .... should I go to Pittenweem Harbour for a walk out on the middle pier ?”     I did this... and came home happy.  I’d have probably have been happy anyway, whether I went to Pittenweem or not .... but I do like the photos you get on the Middle pier.    From there (Pittenweem middle pier) I went along to ‘The  Hoose on the Rock’, and walked out on the original Pittenweem pier ... which is a sand stone ‘skellie’ that has been levelled, etc.... the same as Earlsferry’s second pier at the Cockstail Rocks.   (The Pilgrim’s pier, along at the West end of the Ferry beach, was built up,  with heavy slabs laid along the top).    Jings ... I cannae believe ‘me’ ... I start writing about Pittenweem, and end up writing about the
Red Admiral butterfly

‘Earlsferry piers’!    I guess I like the ‘auld place’ (The Royal Burgh) just a bit.   Now I’m totally lost!    Oh aye I got back from Pittenweem just in time to get the kettle on for Jimmy arriving for his morning cuppa.

Later in the afternoon I made another decision ... two decision on the same day? .... abnormal stuff.    I blame the thunderstorms that were rattling their way up the North Sea for most of the morning.   Anyway, today’s second decision? ,...  to go to Leven and do a wee shopping in Sainsbury’s.    I really went to get ink for the printer but forgot about that, so I’ll have to go back tomorrow on the bus.    I tell you ... it’s ‘hard work’ being ‘me’ .... but enjoyable, in a surprising kind of way!  

Photographs : Top – the Middle pier at Pittenweem, Middle – Pittenweem (bit of) taken from the original pier, and Bottom – Red Admiral Butterfly on Ivy wall.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....