Fisher and Donaldson Cafe ....

27th September 2016 (Tuesday) .... 10.00    We have a “dull, and  breezy, with occasional showers” morning ... but it should clear up later;   it’s not
West end of 'The Ferry' beach
cold.    I know all this because I’ve been out for a walk, during which I had to put the camera into the bag a couple of times when showers came over, ... the showers are not heavy, but they are annoying.
The news is full of the Clinton/Trump debate.   Choosing the President of the USA is one of the most important decisions to be made on our Planet, but surely there has to be better contenders for the position than either of them.    It was like watching a second rate advert for something I wouldn’t want to buy.    I became ‘bored’ and went back to bed after half an hour.

When I was out wandering along the beach I got to thinking that .... even on a dour morning, where we live is still ‘stunning’.   The sky was subtle grey's, changing all the time;   this made for a moody grey Firth (of Forth).... with both sky and sea in a fidgety
Jimmy wondering what to do with his Fudge Doughnut
mood.    We live in a beautiful corner of Mother earth.


20.30     Jimmy and I fancied a change of eating place this morning, and went up to the ‘Fudge Doughnut Factory Cafe’ at Cupar...  where we had a, yes ... a Fudge Doughnut, and pot of tea to go with it.    (I also discovered the perfect birthday ‘cake’ for ‘JB’ .... a Fudge Doughnut cake 8 inches in diameter)!    It was a beautiful day by this time, although the wind had risen considerably since I’d been out walking earlier.   The Pitscottie to Cupar Road is ‘Closed’ with a diversion via Ceres;  which worked out fine as the FD Factory is at the Cupar end of the Ceres road.     We had a leisurely trip back to Elie, via Ceres.

It has been windy today (F8 ).... it’s ‘Equinoctial gales’ time, the harbingers of
My Fudge doughnut.
Autumn.    According to the weather forecasters it is going to be even windier later tomorrow and Thursday.    With it being so windy, I didn’t get the bike out today;   I went to the harbour in the car instead, but, with it being low tide at the time, there weren’t many waves crashing over the pier.

I’ve just remembered that it’s the Colinsburgh Lunch tomorrow.... something to look forward to, .... food and chat.
Photographs : Top – the West end of Earlsferry beach, Middle – Jimmy admiring his Fudge Doughnut, and, Bottom – yep ... I still have my ain teeth!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....