Wet start to the morning ......

21st June 2016 (Tuesday) .... 08.30    Apart from the fact that it’s raining we have a bonnie morning;   however, the rain will clear away and it will be summer.    I don’t like to think that yesterday was summer!    Earlier, I’d got as far as ‘The Boss’s
Earlsferry from the harbour
seat’, on the bike, when the rain started;   I’d meant to go down to the harbour too, but  .... I’m back in Ivy with the kettle in the ‘on’ position, contemplating doing some housework  until this rainy spell passes over.


23.30     The early rain petered out in ‘nae time’ leaving us with a bonnie summer’s day.   There were attractive looking clouds all around us, but the showers never came our way.
In the morning I did do some housework, but as soon as the sun broke through in earnest, I went up to Elie, and down to the harbour.    I nearly always go to Elie via ‘the Breakwater’ because that’s a good ‘viewpoint’.     The tide was way out, and I noticed that it had left a nice big pool ,and, with there being no wind, it, the pool, was like a sheet of glass:  perfect for ‘reflection’ photographs.    Actually the whole of Elie Bay was nigh on ‘flat calm’, but this pool was like a mirror.    When I was taking the photographs, I knew that they
Elie
ought to look good.... everywhere around Elie and Earlsferry is ‘bonnie’ .... but when I downloaded the photos onto the computer and saw them;   well.... they exceeded even my wildest dreams ... and I dream a lot!   
From the beach I went up to the High Street to do some shopping, then went down to the harbour;   and... found it absolutely perfect.  I see photographs everywhere I look, even on wet days, but today, anyone with a camera, (and that means everyone nowadays) was spoiled for choice.   I phoned Jimmy from the harbour thinking he might want to ‘drink in’ some of whatever it was that had me all excited, but he, Jimmy, had just finished his exercises, and was about to put on the kettle.    Jimmy’s was my next ‘port of call’.
When I left Jimmy’s, I went through the Estate, and got a few photos of Kinneuchar Kirk reflected in the loch.    It was when I was leaving the estate that I noticed that the tyre on back wheel was feeling soft:  by the time I got back to Ivy I realised that I definitely had a puncture.    I found out later that I had two punctures... one caused by a thorn which was still in the tyre.... and the other one, also caused by thorn most
Elie
likely, which had been hauled out, after ‘doing the deed’.     Anyway I managed to repair both, and the bike is ready for action again.    
I’m going along to pick up ‘M’ tomorrow morning, it’s her birthday, so I should think of something to do.    I have:  Thought of something to do i.e.    We’ll go up to the “Colinsburgh Lite lunch”... that will be a surprise for ‘M’.   Jings sometimes I can be a real romantic!
This afternoon I decided to clean the windowsills, and was pleasantly surprised when a lady stopped to tell me that she read “The Hutte”, and that she enjoyed reading about the village, and got much pleasure from the photographs;   and many other folk have also commented.    I am humbled by this.   Maggie thought the idea of a ‘blog’ would give me something to do to take my mind off her ‘nae weelness’... and it did.    With hindsight I realise that
Kilconquhar loch
Maggie was thinking further ahead than I did.    ‘The Hutte’ gets me ‘up and out’ every day, and I’m sure Maggie  is still in the background, and probably pleasantly surprised by the following it now has.    Thank you all for managing to make an old guy feel ... well  ... ‘useful’ in some kind of way.   I’ve said it before;   we live in a beautiful part of the planet but it’s the folks that make it special.

Photographs : Top- Earlsferry from the harbour, Next –Elie houses,  Next – Ron and Elinor... and some more Elie houses, and, Bottom – Kilconquhar loch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....