Dreich morning .....

17th June 2017 (Friday) .... 08.30   .... we have another grey and wet morning...  not the kind of weather that has the ‘get up and go’ feel to it.    Then again,
Earlsferry from the 3rd tee
if this happened somewhere in Africa, where they hadn’t seen wetness for nigh on a year, the locals would get really really excited;   even more excited than we would  be when/if we see the sun!   At least we don’t have to worry about being thirsty!

I haven’t been ‘out’ further than the gate.. when I put out the ‘broon’ bucket .... .....  and I didn’t get overly animated doing that.    There are paler bits appearing in the general greyness:  it’s either that, or I’m going to have a migraine!     Orf to have a cuppa then I’ll get ready for a meeting up at Kinneuchar.

21.30    The weather has been fairly miserable, most of the time, today;  however it is slightly brighter at this time, and the weather forecast for tomorrow is much better ... so much so that it might be ‘summer time’.... as in the whole of it.    ‘Summer i.e.    We should see the sun at times tomorrow.
18th fairway
Luckily enough I had other things to do today, which involved being inside most of the time.    Our meeting at Kinneuchar was a success, and  I’m beginning to feel more active again re the marsh.    Irene and I made coffee /tea at the end of the meeting, which I was the bit I wasn’t sure about.    Now that I know how everything ‘works’, I’ll use this for our meetings from now on.
I’d just got back to Ivy, when Jimmy and Jim turned up.... it was cuppa time.     We chatted, mostly about Jo Cox, the MP, being murdered;   it’s so shocking.   There’s something far wrong when a MP can’t go about their business safely in our country.
I went out for a walk around the Pony Field in the evening;  it was still spitting rain at
3rd Green
the time, and there were heavy showers rattling along the ‘sooth side’, but it was nice being ‘out’.   The countryside is looking ‘green’ after all rain we’ve had;  even though it hasn’t been ‘heavy’ it has been persistent!
There’s the Annual Episcopal Church Coffee Morning in the Church Hall tomorrow;   I’ll wander along to that in the morning sunshine.    Might even wear my shorts!

Photographs : Top – Earlsferry from the third tee, Middle – the ‘Golf House Club’, and Bottom – the Third Green.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....