Thick fog ..... and Elie Estate Hare ....

13th June 2016 (Monday) .....09/30 ....  there’s thick fog everywhere this morning.    Down on the beach, I watched a dog walker fade out at the end of my, 200 metres radius, visible part of the planet;  then....  nothing!    Apart from small waves
Elie harbour
quietly ‘flopping’ onto the sand,....  and the clinging wetness of a dense Scottish Mist.     It’s foggy.    Hopefully the sun will burn it back by midday.... in fact I think it’s beginning to look brighter as I type!     I went down to the harbour after coming up from the beach, but that didn’t inspire me greatly.   Even the ‘mirrah’ has been affected by the fog .... there’s ‘something’ auld in it!



21.00       Although it was wet, and cold, I biked along to Jimmy’s in the morning, and had a very welcome cup o’ tea with him.    On the way home, through the Estate, I met Stewart digging a deep, skinny, post hole, for one of the direction signs that will mark out the route, that  the  Fife ‘Core Path’ will take, through the Estate.   I think it will be ‘active’ as soon as Stewart gets the signage finished;  which will be soon!    Maybe even today... ‘cos I think he might
Path sign on Elie Estate
have been ‘doing’ the last sign post when I saw him this morning.    Weather permitting I’ll bike it, the Estate part of the ‘Core Path’ route, tomorrow.
The weather did improve after midday;   the light rain cleared away and, though it remained grey, at least it was dry.    Jimmy came along after the weather brightened up, and I drove Jimmy’s car along to St Minnins.... mostly, to see how Ian and Sam were getting on with fitting Ian’s new engine into his creel boat.   At the moment there’s a deep ‘rectangular space’ where the engine should be on the boat, so progress is being made:   the old engine has been removed and the space is being fitted out for the new one.    When I was taking some photos, Jimmy was ‘advising’ Ian and Sam.    Having been ‘advised’, we left Ian and Sam to get on with their work, and drove home via the Alpacas at Arncroach... only they, the Alpacas, were somewhere else, so we drove past the field that they should have been
in.    From Arncroach we went up to Largoward, then down through Balcarres Estate:   a nice, quiet run.   I must go up to Balcarres soon, with the ‘big’ camera, because the
Brown Hare - Elie estate
trees are looking beautiful just now;   with lots of different shades of green to be seen.
The weather looks like being ‘more of the same’ tomorrow... but it might be brighter in the afternoon.    
We are ending today with a bonnie evening;  bonnier in comparison to the earlier part(s) of the day, that is.

Photographs : Top – Elie this morning, Middle – new, core path sign, on Elie estate, and Bottom – Hare ... photo by Lorraine.    I met this guy but he ran off when I moved to get the camera:   Stewart and Lorraine met him when in the 'buggy' and Lorraine got three photos through the windscreen.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....