Cold morning .....

9th June 2016 (Thursday) .... 09.30     It’s cauld this morning.... I was hanging a washing out, and my fingers were ‘freezin’:    anyway, I’m hoping for  sunshine, and even a bit of a breeze, to dry the aforementioned washing.    At this
Elie
moment it’s overcast, with a breeze (from the East), but it looks like the cloud cover is beginning to break up.    I’m in ‘flap on’ mode this morning .... I don’t know why because I’m reasonably organised by my standards:   perhaps I need to go for a relaxing run on the bike!


22.30    When I got going this morning I knew that I had a lot of ‘stuff’ to get done today..... mostly replying to e-mails, and organizing a  ‘Barnyards Marsh Meeting’;   computer stuff.     All that I had to do has been done, apart from one e-mail which I’ll do later tonight.     The thing that amazes me is that I am actually physically tired, after what I’d call a lazy day.      Having said that, I have been out on the bike twice.... both times on a ‘mission’, and; unsurprisingly perhaps, both times, I managed to get diverted.   
The “Drop in Cafe” was ‘quiet’ this afternoon, but very agreeable, as it always is.    
Elie lighthouse from the Breakwater Elie
When you end up chatting, it’s amazing the subjects that get ‘covered’.... which makes for an interesting, and enjoyable hour and a half.    From the ‘cafe’ I went down to the harbour to see what was going on, but it was quiet.    Mike was down there and we tested the communications that he uses on the RIB.   Mike takes folks out on trips ‘round the bay’ and out to Kincraig cliffs etc.
I’ve been rearranging the seating in the Hutte;   more suited to folks with new hips etc.    Anyway when I went down to make myself a cuppa, I found a message from ‘M’ on the answer machine;    I have to pick her up tomorrow at 10.00!     This is catastrophic;   ‘M’ hasn’t got jet lag.... and I haven’t finished the ‘ooverin’ and dustin’!     But then I remembered... ‘M’ is a ‘girl’ and girls are attracted to Hoover’s like North poles are attracted to South poles.... nae worries there then!    We’ll have a nice day ‘ooverin’ and dustin’!    In point of fact the auld place is looking ‘nae bad’.... I manage to keep it fairly tidy;  just in case any of my girl friends drop in!     I don’t
Elie Estate
know what we will do tomorrow but  a wee walk along the beach would be nice!
The weather forecast for tomorrow is for more in the way of cloud, and it’s to be cooler, with the slight chance of light rain.   Hmmm ... the walk on the beach might not be the best ‘plan’.

Photographs : Top – Elie Harbour this morning, Middle – Elie Lighthouse, and Bottom – you can just make out Kilconquhar Church, in the middle of the photo.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....