Autumnal feel in the early morning air ....

28th June 2016 (Tuesday) .... 08.30        I do believe that I detected a slight autumnal touch in the ‘air’ this morning... but that was at 06.00.    That said, we do have another lovely, “bright and breezy” morning, and it will be warm when the sun
this morning ....
gets up a bit.     I’m ‘tied’ to Ivy until the Worcester engineer arrives to service the boiler;   which could be any time up until 18.00.     This isn’t a ‘bad’ thing, ‘cos ‘M’ is coming, .... = ‘slight panic mode’:   got some ‘man cave’ stuff to ‘build’ into tidy heaps!  
I forgot that England were playing, football, last night .... actually, when I read the reports it appears that they didn’t.    Play football i.e.!   They’re out of Europe, in more ways than one.    We Scots know the feeling.   

I’d better ‘go’ and do things .... and the first thing that needs doing is? ... switch on the kettle!


22.30     The ‘Boiler Man’ arrived at 11.00, and was finished by 11.30.      The Boiler man had just left when Jimmy arrived, well ready for a cuppa after his morning walk up at the Chapel.      He, Jimmy, needed to go to Lidl’s in Leven to get some food ‘n stuff, so all that took up the morning.    In fact we didn’t get back from Leven until 13.30.     Lidl’s was busy, which surprised me because we were shopping at what was ‘lunchtime’.   Anyway we managed to fill Jimmy’s car boot with bags of ‘vital necessities’;  which  included Tunnock’s Caramel Wafers for ‘M’.    They, Tunnock’s CW’s, aren’t available in New Zealand, so ‘M’ relies on the occasional package being
Gary and Brian on the third
sent from Scotland.    Unfortunately her ‘source’ in Scotland is unreliable;  that’s me!    I did send one package out, but it never reached ‘M’.   Neither did the other ones I bought on a number of occasions, ....  I ate them.  Naughty boy.    However I did let ‘M’ see some of them when we were on Skype!
The Ivy ‘man cave’ look has been .... er ‘modified’ slightly;  I tidied up ‘The Hutte’.     I also ran round with the Hoover, so Ivy has the, ‘tidy man cave’ look.    ‘The Hutte’ is sparkling.
Jim and Jimmy came down for our weekly chat;   most of which was about the ‘referendum’ result;   and the political chaos that we now have.    Politics has never been so exciting..... but it’s going to take a long time for the ‘dust to settle’.    One of our politicians (Jeremy Hunt) suggested that, after we have sorted out the ‘exit deal’ with Europe, we have another referendum to see if we (British) are happy with ‘The
Dunblane rose
Exit Deal’.   I think he might have been joking!    That said, it might put right the mess we now have.


My ‘plan’ is to go along and pick up ‘M’ tomorrow then we’ll come up with ‘The Plan’ for the remainder of the day.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is for it to be much the same as today.

Photographs : Top – Brian and Gary on the third, Middle – Grange Road houses Earlsferry, this morning, and Bottom – our ‘Dunblane Rose’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....