Haircut .... major event

7th June 2016 (Tuesday) .... 08.30   Yet again we have an overcast sky, which the sun will/should burn back to the North Sea by lunch time.   The weather forecast is for heavy thundery showers later in the afternoon, but most likely further
Haar over Earlsferry
inland;  in fact there is a yellow weather warning out for the Fife area.   This means we may have some bonnie clouds around.

I’d better get myself organised for a quick trip to Leven, where I’m hoping to have my hair cut.    The ‘plan’ was to take the bus, but I have other things that I want to do, so car it will be. 

   21.30     Oh my word this has been a glorious day.... and a tiring one, but ‘muchly’ satisfying.   When I left The Royal Burgh in Sooper Buggy this morning,  the weather was dull and grey, by the time I got to Upper Largo I was in brilliant sunshine.... and all points West looked that way too!   In fact it was really warm in Leven... and I had a jacket ‘on’.     I was lucky at the hairdressers;   the lassie was able to fit me in, before the first lady came in for some kind of hair treatment ... so I went to Sainsbury’s to celebrate, by buying a couple of ‘Duck in Plum Sauce’ ready meals.    I also bought New Zealand ‘lamb knee caps’... well not ‘iggzactly’ kneecaps, but some bit of a lamb which I’ll casserole on Friday ... tomorrow we have the ‘Friendship Lunch’.    I’ve just had a sudden thought:   the last time I did a PowerPoint show for the Friendship Lunch, Graham had everything ready for me;   all I needed to do was plug the ‘stick’ into Graham’s laptop.     Graham is up on the island of Skye just now;   and my laptop doesn’t connect to the projector.... I don’t have the required ‘lead’.   I’ll have the ‘stick’ with me anyway:    at least the important bit will be perfect .... the food!
With the weather being bonnie when I got back to Ivy, I quickly put the messages ‘away’, then got the bike out to go down to the harbour to get some ‘haar’
This is what Elie and Earlsferry is all about -  enjoying!
photographs, dropping in to see Cecily, to have a cup of decent coffee.... on the way.   Actually I set off on the bike to go up the Chapel Green, before going to the harbour, but was half way up the High street when I discovered I’d forgotten the camera;   jings I’d rather go oot wi’ nae claes on, than go oot without my camera.... anyway I went back to Ivy and picked up the camera, before visiting Cecily  
This is the first day of the real ‘haar’ as opposed to mist/fog, and by the time I got to the harbour things were just perfect.  Everybody was down at Elie Harbour at some point today;   including Jimmy, who arrived when I was down there:   and I missed Fiona, who also visited Elie Harbour today, having travelled all the way from Glenrothes for a mug of the Hutte Finest.    Mmmmm maybe Fiona didn’t really travel all the way for my coffee... she knows what I’m capable of:   we’d have gone to Harbour House!
You will all know that I have been ‘flicking the spiders about’ in an effort to de- man
Elie Bay
cave Ivy a bit,....  in anticipation of ‘M’ visiting Ivy soon.    Actually My ‘M’ will be on her way to Frankfurt now I’d imagine.    Anyway I’m beginning to deviate, which I’m pretty good at .. deviating i.e., but let’s get back to the ‘spiders’ etc.  “We” as in ‘me’ “We”, have a ‘major flap on’ mode situation now .... Michael and Janice are coming up in July, for ten days, and Michael will expect Ivy to be in pristine condition:   so ‘flicking the spiders around’ will not do... it will have to be the proper ‘de- man cave’ routine:   Hence the ‘major flap on’ state.  The remainder of the afternoon was spent cleaning and polishing The Boss’s shrine ...!
Photographs : Top – Elie Bay this morning with the haar was clearing over Earlsferry, Middle – it was a perfect day for a ‘paddle’,  and Bottom – idyllic scene at Elie this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....