Lovely morning ......

3rd June 3016 (Friday) ...08.30    We have another lovely morning, though it is cloudier ..., but, there is only a ‘smirr’ of a breeze so it’s not cold.    I’ve been out on
Taken from Apple Rock at the harbour
the bike for my ‘exercise’ run;    Elie harbour was quiet, and watched  a pod of dolphins jumping, but they were way out, and looked more like tadpoles,....  the tide was well out too.    I had a potter around on ‘Apple Rock’, before heading for the Estate and a look at Kinneuchar loch.    It’s a nice day ... so enjoy doing ‘your’ thing.   This will be a more mundane day for me, after the excitement of yesterday .... but I’m sure there’s something that will attract my attention.

21.30     After some deliberation I decided to go to Kirkcaldy after breakfast;  I wanted to buy a new duvet, and the only place I could think of was “Rejects”.    It was a nice morning for bumbling along in ... er...“Sooper Buggy”;   I was back on Planet Earth
Elie Bay this morning
again!     Everyone must have been in a relaxed mood this morning .... nobody overtook me.    ‘Bumble speed’ is 50 mph  on the open road.
There was a multitude of duvets to choose from;  some filled with feathers, some filled with something that could be washed, some filled with stuff that couldn’t be washed, and a washable, triple decker, suitable for all seasons.   I thought ... “hmmm a triple decker .... I’ll go for that, it’s one ‘deck’ more than the ‘95’ double decker bus”!   That’s what I’ve got.... so I’ll be eatin’ grass and leaves for another few weeks!    I’ll strip the bed tomorrow and make it up with the new duvet....  wrapped in, one of many, duvet covers that I found in drawers under the bed.    I’ve often wondered what Maggie kept it those drawers!  
On the way back I went into B n Q’s to get a bag of mortar.... hopefully one of a size
Kilconquhar loch
that I could comfortably carry.    Eureka... they make tiny bags of ‘cement’ nowadays, and I left the store carrying a 5k bag of cement, well within my capabilities.    The cement was needed to re-fix the bottom step up to the Hutte.... which job was done as soon as I got myself changed into ‘working’ togs.
At the end of ‘today’ I feel tired... and contented, though a different kind of ‘contented’ from yesterday!     Yesterday I was ‘excited contented’.... today just ‘contented’.     My referendum Postal Vote papers arrived this morning so I’ll have to think about that now.  

Photographs : Top – ‘This morning’ from ‘Apple Rock’, (I wonder where that name came from?), Middle – Elie Bay , and Bottom – I had to wait, about ten minutes, for the swan to paddle his way across the loch.... he kept upending to have a snack!    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....