Up and' running'(?) early this morning .....

26th June 2016 (Sunday) .... 09.00    It’s a beautiful morning, and I have been ‘out and about’ since 05.10.    When I looked out at 04.40 I thought “you intended getting ‘up’ early this morning... this is early!”    So I showered, had a quick
Elie harbour 
cuppa and was out on the bike, and up at Chapel Green by 05.20.   Since then I have photographed my way round the villages, and home via the ‘Elie road’ and ‘Ferry Road’.     I was back in Ivy, well ready for breakfast at 06.40.    I wasn’t the only person out at that time ... there was a couple sitting on one of the seats on Flagpole Hill at the harbour, and two men went fishing... in a motor boat.    There was also someone fishing off the lighthouse rocks.        ‘Cath’ was setting up the ‘Paper Shop’ outside ‘display’ when I passed ... that would be at 06.15.... I know this because I took a photo of the church, and the clock says 06.15.   Busy old place is Elie and Earlsferry.    I’ll go up for a paper after I update the Hutte... then mooch  a cuppa from Jimmy.    Have a lovely Sunday whatever you choose to do.... I think the weather is forecast to be 'nice' until later in the afternoon.... enjoy your day.



13.00    This could only happen in ‘Elie’.    This morning, I biked along to the Paper Shop, (the second time out on the bike today) with my camera bag over my shoulder as
ever,...  and ‘moored up’ the bike at the Church gate,  as I usually do.     When I came
Elie creel boat
out of the ‘Paper Shop’ I laid the camera down,  to put the jacket into the pannier.   Yes ... you can guess the rest; I set off to visit Jimmy, leaving the camera bag lying on the pavement.    One hour later, when I was coming away from Jimmy’s I suddenly remembered that, when I left Ivy, I had the camera with me .... and,  I also remembered where I’d put it down.    When I got back to the Church gate, there it was lying on the pavement, exactly where I’d left it.... and the card was full of this morning’s photographs!    Lucky ‘me’... there aren't many places where you could do that.



20.00    The rain that was forecast arrived about 15.40, and has been fairly heavy... actually more blustery than heavy, because we have a brisk Westerly wind.    Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be ‘bright and breezy’, with the chance of some
Off to catch breakfast
shower clouds in the afternoon.    I’ll check the weather early tomorrow morning;   if it looks good I’ll get out on the bike before the roads get busy.     Having said that, I’ll have to start going to bed earlier if I’m going to be going at 05.00 (ish) in the morning.
I must remember to take the car along to the garage tomorrow morning;    I’m only going as far as St Monans.   The return journey will be considerably quieter than the outward one.

The EU referendum continues to reverberate through British politics:   the shock of the result seems to have caught even the pro ‘Leave’ leaders (Boris Johnston and Michael Gove) by surprise.    It’s almost as if they really didn’t want this result, but now that it has ‘happened’ they have to get on and do something.   The Labour Party? ... well they’re too busy imploding.    The only politician acting like a ‘Leader’ is Nicola Sturgeon:  if only she, and her advisers, can come up with a way to keep the Scottish part of the UK in the EU.

Photographs : Top – Elie harbour early this morning, Middle – local creel boat alongside Elie pier,  and Bottom – off to catch the breakfast. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....