Kirk day ....

5th June 2016 (Sunday)    ... 08.30     After the initial ‘overcast and cool’ start to the day, I’m sure we shall have ‘warm and sunny’ by lunch time.... with an
Kilconquhar Church
onshore, easterly, summertime breeze.    I remember when I biked along to the Craw’s, the easterly winds, were with us until near enough the end of June.... in my favour coming home;  but this was only for a couple of months in the year, in those days.   Most of the time the wind would be westerly, and hard work;    but you don’t get fit biking with the wind.     That said I once biked from the Craw’s Nest to Elie in 15 minutes... in an easterly gale!   I was fit in those days,.... we both were, because Maggie and I did a lot of biking.  

 This reminds me ..... I’m biking up to Kinneuchar to the kirk this morning .... sort of retracing the steps of Maggie’s forbears, who were members of Kilconquhar Church:   E
Small part of our beach
arlsferry was in Kilconquhar Parish until 1891, and most Ferry folk continued to walk, or bike up to Kinneuchar rather than join Elie.    Changed days of course now, and we (Maggie and me) ‘transferred’ to Elie around 1990;   though Maggie always went ‘in’ via the Earlsferry door (the West one) and would definitely never sit in ‘my’ gallery .... that’s the Elie end of the kirk.   I sit in the East (‘my’) gallery because I’m facing ‘The Royal Burgh’.... it’s a sort of ‘Mecca’ thing.


22.00      We’re coming to the end of another lovely day, though it did take the sun longer to get rid of the clouds.... not until round about 13.30 did we have a hazy, blue sky.    This is a nice spell of weather we’re having, with the only ‘fly in the ointment’ being the onshore easterly breeze/wind that gets up in the afternoon.    However I can
Bigger part of our beach
put up with that ... though I still don’t like it!    The East  wind i.e.
The kirk was busy this morning, and the Communion Service very enjoyable, apart from me not being able to give the hymns laldie;   mind you, only one of them was of the ‘laldie’ variety, so I didn’t miss much.   With me ‘skipping’ the Congregational meeting,  I also, inadvertently, ‘skipped’ the coffee that was being served at the end of it.
Jimmy came along in the afternoon, needing to go to Leven to do a ‘Lidl ‘shopping’, so that took in most of the later part of the afternoon.    Immediately after lunch I stained another garden chair:    and removed the barricade from the step that I repaired a couple of days ago.

Photographs : Top – Kilconquhar kirk this morning, Middle – a tiny part of our beach, and Bottom – the ‘Breakwater’ part of the beach this evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....