Not raining .....

18th June 2016 (Saturday) ...09.00    Our Weather is incredible .... when I first went outside this morning (06.45), the sky was blue with a touch of grey in the
Kilconquhar
northwest;   two hours later it, the sky, was grey with a touch of blue in the Southeast corner!     However I don’t think rain is forecast;  in fact I think the sun has to break through by midday.    

I’ve been out on the bike... the usual journey, along for a paper, and back home via the Estate;   it was chillier on the hands than I thought it would be, but enjoyable after a couple of not very active days, as far as exercising goes.      I’ll bike along to the Coffee Morning, and do an extended circuit on the way home.  

   16.30     The Both the Coffee Morning, and the weather have been excellent.... the weather still is.     I had tea this morning, having had coffee to get me started when I ‘surfaced’.     The sky was still overcast when I left the ‘CM’ but you could see it was breaking up.    In went home and put the kettle on so that Jems could have a cuppa
Balcarres Estate
after he went out to “Alice’s Seat” but he never turned up.     I had a ‘lite bite’ lunch, before biking up to Balcarres Estate;  by this time the sun had broken through ....  ‘summertime’ at last!

Balcarres is looking lovely ... actually, the whole of the countryside is looking fresh, and green, ...... my favourite time of year;  though I also like to see the trees in their autumn ‘finery’.   I had a quiet potter around then went home by the same route, covering a total distance of 13.02 kilometres (8.08 miles).    I also did over 6 kilometres in the morning, so I have made up for the past couple of ‘lazy’ days.   When I got back to Ivy I found two raffle prizes lying on my summer seat in the front garden!      One of them is Jimmy's.

23.45    I’m just back from spending a brilliant, and entertaining, evening along at
Balcarres house
Edith and John’s, ‘M’s sister and her husband, in Cellardyke.    All ‘M’s sister are excellent cooks, and the food was out of this world;   I won’t need to eat for a week!    It was great listening to the girls, and John,  reminiscing about Cellardyke in their younger days.    Alan and I were ‘lost’ at times with the ‘Dyker Speak’, but found it really interesting.

Photographs : Top – Kilconquhar, Middle – a bonnie corner of Balcarres Estate, and Bottom – Balcarres House.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....