Andy and his Classic, 1952 Bentley ......

2nd June 2016 (Thursday) .... 08.30   We have another beautiful morning.... ‘bright, sunny and warm’ though there is a, almost mandatory it seems, light wind from the east, that takes the edge off what would be a really warm morning.    That
Elie this morning
said, I have been out on the bike (Elie Harbour and Elie Estate) and it is really pleasant, in spite of the aforementioned easterly breeze.    I met Primrose out with the dogs, taking advantage of the early morning vibes ..... before breakfast.   From the ‘sea sounds, and colours’ of the harbour area, it is magic going into the 'greens and country sounds' of the estate .... only quarter of a mile away.    We are so lucky living where we do, with all this, ‘on our doorstep’, to get pleasure from.

My ‘plan’ for today is painting...much less physical than gardening.    I’m coming, slowly, to the conclusion that, ever since I had the hip re-placement op, my muscles tell me that I’m definitely getting older!


19.30     Excitement excitement excitement this afternoon:    Andy,.... John and Emily’s
Andy with his 1952 Bentley
friend, who lives in Kirkcaldy, with his wife Sarah, and two year old son,....  brought his Classic 1952 Bentley, along to take me for a run.     I wanted to take photos down at the harbour so that I could have Elie in the background, so that is where we went;  it was like being in a dream:  in fact I keep thinking I’ll wake up soon, and everything will go ‘pop’ like a bursting bubble.      Today’s weather was ideal for a ‘run’ in an open topped Bentley;  a vehicle with a pedigree, and I have the photos to remind of the afternoon that a dream became reality.    “Sooper Buggy” will never be the same again... and may well have to be renamed just plain - “Buggy”.    The only similarity that “Sooper Buggy” has to the Bentley is the number of wheels that are in contact with the planet!    Thanks Andy
Me - dreaming.
for taking time out to make “Emily’s Granbad” one happy old ‘Boy’ tonight.   To ‘celebrate’ I took Andy to the ‘Drop in Cafe’ for coffee, and a goodie!    Strange thing is;  whilst out with the Bentley I never felt my aches and pains;  whereas “Sooper Buggy” exacerbates them!

22.30     It is one contented, and tired ‘ ‘auld boy’ that’s popping off to bed tonight, after a busy... and exciting day.    Not only have I been down the harbour in a Classic car Bentley;   I also managed to paint two chairs.
Jimmy has ‘fallen in love’ with his physiotherapist, so he should be running around in ‘nae time’.... so it’s been a grand day all round!

Photographs : Top – Elie this morning, Middle – Andy at the harbour this afternoon, and Bottom – ‘The Boy’ himself ... in a dream.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....