16th June 2016 (Thursday) .... 08.00     There’s an uninviting look to this morning;   grey and wet.    Not a morning for pottering around on the beach that’s for sure.   I am looking forward to ‘M’ arriving, to brighten things up.... in fact I think I
Peony bud
detect a slightly paler shade of grey over towards the West, though ‘M’ is in fact coming from the St Minnins.... and that's East of us!     I hope this is not going to be another ‘summer’ like last year .... wet, with intermittent, short sunny spells.   Must ‘go’ ...  ‘slight flap on’ .... I cannae find my ‘pinny’.


22.00     I had my ‘pinny’ on, and had the feather duster in my hand, when ‘M’ arrived at Ivy this morning;   she was .... not impressed.     I think it might have been the headgear... a woolen hat with lug covers!     Having said that ‘M’ is not impressed with our ‘summer’ temperatures (actually neither am I), but very impressed with the amount of rain we get!   I am not.    Impressed with the amount of rain we get i.e.   Generally speaking, or writing in this case, ‘M’ is enjoying her holiday, but not our weather. 
 
Margaret at Elie harbour
We had a quiet morning.... Jimmy came along for his morning cuppa, and we had a long chat, mostly about the current affairs around the Planet.... the sorting out of which the politicians seem to be making a remarkable job of getting wrong.    After a snack lunch, we went along to the ‘Drop in Cafe’, where ‘M’ met up with a few of our local ‘girls’ and ‘boys’;   mostly Lexie, who, like ‘M’, is a “Dyker” ... a native of Cellardyke.   After I’d introduced ‘M’ to everyone, I was thinking that ‘M’ would be sitting, quietly drinking her tea, and listening to the chatter.     Just shows you what I know about ‘girls’ ..... ‘M’ and Lexie chattered to everyone... all the way through.    We had a really enjoyable hour and a bit, before going down to the harbour to get a few photos;  it had to be a few because it was raining....  again!     Jimmy, who was already down there, walking on the pier,
Jimmy and 'M' at Elie
invited us back to No 10 for a warming cuppa.
By the time we got back to Ivy, the lamb (New Zealand) casserole I had in the oven, was nigh on ready, so we devoured that ... with ‘tauties’ and vegetables, before Margaret (I thought I’d better give ‘M’ her full title at least once) sorted out her e-mails.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is not very ‘summery’, unless we accept that this summer is going to be like last summer .... mostly wet!
Photographs : Top – wet peony rose bud, Middle – ‘M’ at Elie harbour, and Bottom – Jimmy and ‘M’.

“Don’t regret growing old ..... some never get the chance!”

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....