Outreach meeting .....

6th June 20166 (Monday)      The 72nd anniversary of the D-Day.


08.30     The mist has crept from the North Sea overnight, so once again we await the sun burning it, the mist, off;  to give us  another ‘sunny and warm’  day, albeit with the, almost obligatory , cool Easterly breeze.     It will be a good day for pottering around
The boathouse Kilconquhar loch
in the shelter of Ivy garden in the afternoon;    I have an “Outreach” Meeting in the morning.    It is because of the “Outreach” meeting that I have not gone out on the bike, or down to the beach;   I’d get sidetracked (literally) and forget the meeting.    This has happened on numerous occasions! 


  21.30     The beach is not the warmest place to be this evening;  with the wind having strengthened, it feels ‘raw’.    It was bracing, though the beach was not crowded with folks enjoying the ‘bracing’  .... only a jogger and myself.   The weather has had a ‘funny feeling’ to it today, like there’s been thunder someplace, and not that far away.
With an “M”-inent person boarding an outward bound flight from Wellington at 20.30 (our time) today, I have decided that, perhaps I should make a few amendments to the
Kilconquhar Church
‘man-cave’ look that Ivy has:  our “M”- inent personage touches down at Edinburgh
round about midday on Wednesday.      Margaret’s sister, Sandra, is picking ‘M’ up from the Airport, and taking her to St Monans;   I will see ‘M’ at the end of the week, after she ‘surfaces’ from her long journey.
De-‘man-caving’ Ivy does not mean that I won’t have time to ‘play’ ... go out on the bike.    This afternoon I felt lethargic, so I did go out on the bike, up to the loch to look for ‘new’ viewpoints to photograph Kilconquhar from.    The Boat House is the normal place to take photos from, but that’s not my favourite place;   there’s a place about 200
Earlsferry beach
metres west of the boat house that I like, and I found another place today... though this ‘new’ place is still a bit wet underfoot;  but should be good, once it dries out.
Tomorrow the ‘plan’ is to go to Leven and get a haircut first thing.    I don’t need to do any shopping, but I might come up with something when I’m ruminating.... which I’m bound to do at some point.
There’s a weather warning out for parts of Fife:   heavy thundery showers are forecast ....  mostly towards the west of Fife;  I hope.     We’re needing rain;  I’ve had to water the roses.
Photographs : Top – The Elie Estate boat house – the usual place for taking photographs of Kilconquhar Church, Middle – photo taken from a new viewpoint, not far from the boat house, and Bottom – ‘pond’ on Earlsferry beach, at the top of the Cockstail Rocks.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....