'Leave' wins the referendum ...

24th June 2016 (Friday) ....  the weather is ‘bright and sunny’ this morning.... a really bonnie morning for being ‘out and about’.     I can’t do ‘out and
Bonnie Morning 
about’ until I get my bike fixed;  that is the priority ‘job’ for today.   

Wellll ..... the result of the referendum is a bit of a surprise, but this is ‘democracy’, at work, so we’ll have to get on with it.    One ‘pundit’, on the television this morning, said that we’re 10% worse orf already, because of the fall in value of the pound against other currencies.      We have an interesting few years ahead of us methinks..... especially with Scotland, Northern Ireland, and London  voting to ‘Remain’!    Must go ‘slight flap on’ this morning .... nothing do with the referendum result.... got a bike to fix.

22.00      Our beach looks the same today... so the referendum has made nae difference to one of the most important places in Europe!    It was lovely down there this morning,
Elie Bay with Merganser in the foreground
peaceful and ... wellll..  just so Elie and Earlsferry!    After a cuppa I set about fixing the bike.    This time I disconnected the wheel from the bike so that I could do a proper check of the tyre.    I found another two thorns in the tyre, and three more punctures in the tube... one of them at the bottom of the valve:  not good.    Nae wonder it was leaking.... it really needs a new tube.   I patched the tube and got Maggie’s bike back together then thought ... “you idiot, why not just use your own bike?”     (I’ve been using Maggie’s bike since before I had my hip replacement).     I brought my bike out, pumped up the tyre’s and went round the Ferry for a trial run!    The first thing I noticed was that my bike is half as heavy as Maggie’s!    If the weather is suitable tomorrow morning I’ll go for a run down to the harbour;   it’s getting ‘on’ and off’ my own bike that I’ll have to master!   It’s hard to
Bonnie cloud 
make dismounting a bike, by way of falling off, look refined.


Janet and Lesley will be back home from Dunoon;   they had travelled over for Sharon and Gary’s wedding.    I was going to go, but changed my mind because I wasn’t sure I’d be fit enough for the journey.    I must be thinking ‘old’!    I’ve seen the photo’s of everyone having a good time on Facebook .... and kinda wish I’d made the effort.   However, I couldn’t have gone anyway .... nae car until Monday!
Showers are forecast for tomorrow, though the afternoon might be Okay.

Photographs : Top –serene looking Elie Bay this morning,  Middle – Elie Bay with a raft of Merganser in the foreground, and, Bottom – lovely cloud.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....