"Dreich morning" ....

12th June 2016 (Sunday) .... 09.30    “Dreich” .... that’s the word that best describes this morning’s weather;   it’s grey, wet and miserable.... not a morning for walking or biking, at least  not just now.      The forecast says it will be grey, with rain now and again.... and it might brighten up after lunch.     I think it’s time for another
.... time to go home.
cuppa. 


    12.00    While having a cuppa, I decided that I’d stretch my legs by going down to the beach:   it was raining, ... more ‘Scotch Mist actually .... but I did need to get out.     When I did get down there, I pleasantly surprised to find someone on the beach;  which reminded me of Emily and “JB” at that age, who always wanted to go ‘down to the beach’, regardless of the weather.    “It’s only rain Granddad, and we won’t stay down there long!”    Yes I remember those words well!  
Today, I think ‘Dad’ had decided that it was time to be somewhere warmer;   however I’m sure ‘we’ did enjoy ourselves, regardless of the rain.   What rain?

   20.30    It’s been a day for, ironing, and working on the computer for me, and watching the “Patron’s Picnic” on the television:  In other words a ‘lazy day’.    I did
wet peony rose
get the bike out, but, by the time I’d got as far as the Library (about 150 metres) my specs were covered in Scotch Mist, so the ’plan’ to go biking was abandoned there and then.     That was when I switched on the television, and found The Mall (London) “Street Picnic”.   The weather wasn’t the ‘best’ but it cleared up, and it  was good seeing the “Royals” walking up The Mall speaking to the ‘party goers’ ... we do this kind of thing rather well.... in fact I doubt if anyone else could do it;  there’s not that many “Royal Families” left.   I’m glad we have our Royal Family;  they may cost a bit but are well worth it.... and they do bring a lot of money into the country via tourism.     That said, at £150 a
Walking the dogs
head, today’s ‘picnic’ would exclude a lot of ordinary folks that work for Charities.     However it would have been worth it just to get the hamper, and be able to say that you'd been there on the day!

The weather forecast for tomorrow is not very exciting;   more or less the same as today, though the sun might manage to break through after midday.     This is not the kind of weather that ‘M’ was looking forward to.   They don’t  have  ‘wet and cold’ weather in Otaki!    ‘M’ thinks it’s turning cold when the temperature is 14c .... which would be a nice warm day here!
Photographs : Top – ... time to go home Dad!  Middle – it’s definitely been raining ... and still is raining, and Bottom – dogs don’t mind rain!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....