Beach huts .... ....

4th June 2016 (Saturday) ....09.00    We have a cloudier start to the day, but the sun will soon burn that orf, leaving us with another warm day;   though the easterly breeze is cool.    I went out early, ‘wrapped up’ because at that time it was
Kinneuchar road
quite cold.    By the time I was back in Elie, the wind was on my back, and I was ‘roasting’ .... well ready for a shower!    I’m now ready to tackle some ‘housework’ and stuff .... after I have another cuppa;  needed to replenish some of the liquids I burnt orf on the bike. 

21.30     The villages are busy this weekend.    It is June right enough, and folks will be starting to have their ‘holidays’, especially now that the weather is settling down.   The beach huts have ‘appeared’ as if by magic, and everyone (bar me) is wearing shorts, and summer stuff.    The wind is still a tad cool for my delicate legs!
Being that ‘M’ is arriving in Scotland on Wednesday, I thought I’d better do some dusting, and stuff like that.    After half an hour of that (dustin’ n stuff),b I decided that
Beach Huts -  its summer time
I needed a break and went along to Jimmy’s for a cuppa.... that was when I found out that the villages are busy.     The beach was busy, and there were folks walking around in the sea, and some folk ‘wandering around’ on it, on those board things .... they must have had wet suits on ‘cos, when you are wet, and out in the wind ... that is cauld.   In fact it’s warmer in the water.    Of course I didn’t notice the cold wind, being under a woolly hat, and wearing a warm jersey.... just in case a really ‘cold snap’ came along!    Actually I was ‘comfortably’ dressed .... though I should have worn a wind proof jacket!    It was in the pannier bag.     
By the time I got back from Jimmy’s it was time to resuscitate “Puku”, who felt that he was suffering from neglect.    He certainly doesn’t look like he’s suffering from neglect.    Anyway we’ve had ‘food’... what did I have? .... oh aye, an Ardross, individual size, steak pie, with tauties and veggies;   this was followed by a couple of dollops .... big spoonfuls o’ yoghurt;  I bought two buckets of yoghurt the other day.    Only wee buckets!
Once again we have a good weather forecast for tomorrow;   sunny and warm, after
Elie
the early morning cloud is burnt off.   I’m going to Communion, at Kilconquhar Church, tomorrow ....  I don’t think there will be coffee after the service, (which is as added attraction for me), because there’s a meeting (for those who want to stay) to discuss what to do about Colinsburgh kirk.    I don’t think I’ll stay for the meeting.... especially if it is ‘bright and sunny’.

Photographs : Top – the Western approach road into Kilconquhar, Middle – “summer is definitely here when the beach huts appear”, and Bottom –Elie;   looking down into South Street from The Terrace.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....