The Forester's Burns Dinner ....

26th January 2018 (Friday) .... 10.30   We have a nice morning, though it has turned cloudier in the past hour.     I don’t have a ‘plan’ so far today, but I might go for a daunder, probably downtown, later.    I’m looking forward going to “The Forester’s” for dinner tonight;   good food and a nice blether is always relaxing.   I
The Forester's, Framfield.
know I’m not travelling until Wednesday, but I start to get ‘uptight’ ..... probably as soon as I know when I’m travelling.    Must ‘go’ .... “slight flap on” .... I need a cuppa.



23.30     Janice, Janette, Michael have just got back from the Forester’s where we had partaken of Dinner.    The girls had normal food;  Michael and I had Cock-a-Leekie soup, then Haggis with trimmings.    One of the trimmings was gravy:  gravy with a distinctive flavour.   I don’t know the recipe for this gravy, but I would keep it out of North Korean hands;   the moon was well within reach if this was used as rocket fuel.   We finished off with Cranachan.    It was a very enjoyable meal, but awfie filling;   maybe that’s because we emptied the gravy boat!

The 'Girls' (Janette and Janice) ... and they didn't touch the gravy!
From the Forester’s we went to ‘The Bull’ in Newick village;  not far from Uckfield.    ‘The Bull’  held their Burn’s Supper last night... and by all accounts, and as viewed on YouTube... it, the Burns Supper, had been a great success, with pipes and drums etc.....  but no Burns poetry.    I had a half pint in The Forester’s, followed by another in ‘The Bull’.    Puku, bless his flabbiness, is contented tonight!

When we were leaving The Bull frost was beginning to settle on car windscreens!
No ‘plan’ for tomorrow, apart from the “Black Boy’s” Burns Supper in the evening;   the fourth and final Burn’s Supper for ‘The Boy’ this year.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....