Lovely morning

19th January 2018 (Friday) .... 11.00     Sussex had a fairly hard frost first thing this morning  ....  everything was covered in a heavy rime;   and car
Eastbourne.
windscreens had to be scraped.   Since then the sun has risen into a clear blue sky, and the rime has vanished, leaving us with a beautiful, warm, sunny day.    There’s not much wind, so very little wind chill;  I’ll go for a walk after this update.


20.30     The ‘boy’ is contented tonight;   though I haven’t done very much.    I did go for a  walk downtown, and bought a W H Smith ‘POSTbox’, in which I’ll send some stuff home .... I’m trying to lighten the case!    Mind you, the box I bought looked big enough in size roond the edges, but I’ve since found out that it’s not very deep, so won’t contribute that much to making the case lighter.   I’ll check their website to see what sizes are available.

Late evening sun on Crail.
It was lovely walking today, but there was a sharpness in the air.  The cold spell is to continue for another few days.     Sussex is forecast to have rain/sleet over the weekend, whereas there’s a snow warning out for Fife on Sunday;   and it looks like it could include the ‘Royal Burgh’!    This is not good;   I’ll be looking for ‘warm and sunny’ when I get back to Fife!

The Centre was busy this morning;  the local ‘Walking for Health’ Group came in for their lunch.    I did talk to a couple of the men, and it seems a nice enough group of people to get involved with.    I had a cuppa and a toasted T cake before wandering back up to “No1”.


Our weather is not going to be very good tomorrow so I’ll probably browse the
Crail harbour.
laptop.    I have thousands of photographs of Sussex, taken on previous visits, and I meant to bring a ‘stick’ with a couple of thousand on it so that I could use them when the Sussex weather is bad.     However I forgot the sticks I’m using old ones taken in Fife last year.     I'll browse this laptop;   I may get lucky and find a few old Sussex ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....