Bonnie drying day ....

17th January 2018 (Wednesday) .... 09.30     The washing machine is chugging away in the kitchen;   it’s a beautiful drying day and I have a washing going
Elie Estate .... photo by Stewart, who had to abandon tree planting!
through.    This is ‘sunny Sussex’ at it’s best;   though it is cold in the brisk wind.    My plan is to do the washing, then bake a double batch o’ scones, before going downtown to the Post Office.   I’ll leave the walking until after lunch.    Must ‘go’.... ‘slight flap on’ .... I’m a busy boy this bonnie morning!



14.00    I’ve had a brilliant morning!    I did the washing, (which is nigh on dry so  will get ironed later), baked a double batch of scones, then sat outside on the swing seat had a cuppa .... and scone.    Although it’s breezy, and in fact quite cold when exposed to the wind, it was warm in the lee of the house.     My next cuppa I had sitting in the Love Shack at the bottom of the garden, and fell asleep watching the washing dry:   must remember to take a book with me the next time.
20.30     Having seen some of the Scottish weather on the BBC news, I’m glad that I’m down here in Sussex;  that said the East Neuk missed the very worst of the snow, but Stewart had to abandon tree planting due to heavy snow on Elie Estate, so it must have been bad enough.    I wonder how The Royal Burgh fared.

Sussex has had a bonnie, albeit cold, day;  it has been a day that I have really enjoyed.    I got lots of stuff done, and even ventured up to the local shop:  there’s a wee Mini Tesco’s about a quarter of a mile away.... to buy flour.... and Caramel wafers... oops.. Emergency Rations.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is not quite as good as today’s, but not too bad;  it is to be very windy (and cold) first thing in the morning, with sunny spells and perhaps a few showers later.    I think I may leave the ironing until tomorrow, because I’m not going to be going out in a cold, gale o’ wind.

I phoned Jim and he tells me that The Royal Burgh has, as it should be with a ‘Royal Burgh’, missed all this bad weather;  though it, the weather, has had the audacity to be windy and cold.    Mind you Jim and Myra are just back from a holiday on some island in the Mediterrean so are bound to be feeling the cold!

‘Endeavour’ is about to start on the tele, so I’ll watch that, then get orf to bed about 22.00..... then watch something through until midnight – ish.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....