Kirk morning ....

3rd September 2017 (Sunday) .... 09.30    We have a South Easterly wind spoiling what is a bonnie morning.... having said that the sky to the West is slightly ominous so it looks like being a ‘mixed up’ kind o’ day, with the chance of rain
Morning on The ferry beach.
later.
I went down to the beach to fill my lungs with some good Olde Elie and Earlsferry air... this is in preparation for giving the hymns ‘laldie’ from ‘my’ gallery;  if I’m the only one in it i.e.    If I have company I mime ... with feeling!  
Most of you know that I like to speak to someone in the morning .... it helps to get me into a positive frame of mind for the day.    This morning I was lucky in that I met, and spoke to the couple who are staying in ‘Balvonie’ (next door to Ivy);   I ought to have introduced myself when I think of it .... I must have had a shy moment.     They come from Pitlochry and are enjoying the change of scenery ... and air.    We chatted for a wee while but (lucky for them) I managed to stop short of going into ‘local history of Earlsferry’ mode.    When I was speaking to the artist, Georgie Vestey,  yesterday I almost pointed out where the ‘Pilgrim’s Pier’ was on her painting .... usually a sure fire way into the full Earlsferry ‘spiel’.

Morning walkers on Elie beach.
Hey I must go and get make myself look tidier .... I’m going to the kirk in a wee while.

20.00    I reclaimed ‘my’ gallery in the kirk  .... I had it to myself and was all set to give the hymns ‘laldie’, but only the last hymn was of the laldie type;  by this time I’d taken to watching a fly wandering around on a ceiling rose ... so I never got into gear at all.    The sermon was all about ‘love’, an emotion that is sadly lacking on this planet nowadays.    That said, the sermon wasn’t about the earthly kind of love .... it was about the ‘heavenly’ kind of love for Jesus.   I still haven’t worked out what the fly was up to.... I guess it must have found some kind of interesting fly stuff.

Although it has been dull all day, and the wind has been off the easterly direction, it hasn’t been that cold.... and it has been dry.    The Western sky is looking very
Late afternoon.
threatening ....  we could have some rain overnight.

With the kirk service ending at midday it means that Sunday is really a day of rest;   and yet... I biked along to the kirk, and have been down to the beach twice ... so I have done something.     Perhaps with it being a dull day I felt ‘lazy’.

Tomorrow I have a dental appointment in Anstruther in the morning;    I’ll probably have a walk out on the pier ... if the weather is amenable.    On Tuesday Jimmy has an appointment at St Andrews... and I have one at the Vic on Thursday.    This is a busy week.

Photographs : Top – morning on the ferry beach,  beach, Middle – morning walk on Elie beach, and Bottom – late afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....