Feeling frisky ....

10th September 2017 (Sunday) .... 10.00     Hmmmmm .... the weather is mair or less as per forecast;   overcast with spits and spots o’ rain now and again...
The Lady's Tower, Elie.
but ....  I see patches of blue sky so we could have ‘sunny spells’ soon.    I woke up feeling frolicsome, but it’s not really a morning for frolicking about yet.    I’ll do the ironing..... after, I have a mug o’ coffee.


    20.30    The ‘sunny spells’ were few and far between .... and short:  However, I managed to have a walk round the East Links before the showers became seriously heavy....  and wet.   I’d taken ‘glass’ stuff to the recycling placed at Woodhaven, so took the ‘opporchancity’ offered by a dry spell for a walk that I haven’t done for a while.     The East Links was busy... but I didn’t meet anyone I knew..... but I did speak to a few people.

Elie Lighthouse.
Most of the afternoon, I watched the final stage of the Tour of Britain... from Worcester to Cardiff.    It, Stage 8, started about the same time that I began to do the ironing and I like watching something when I’m ironing:   I took time out to go to the re-cycling place, and walk round the East Links.    Today’s stage was the most interesting of them all, with much going on with ‘breakaway’s’ etc.... and they biked 68k of the last 70k in torrential rain:  the sun came through at the very end of the race!    Watching cyclists biking hard, into a headwind and torrential rain made me feel cosy and comfortable in Ivy... especially when we were having heavy rain showers.

This evening wasn’t balmy, but there was a lot going in the sky, on so I went down to
sunshine on the South side of the Firth.
the beach.   The beach was quieter this evening, probably because a lot of our visitors have gone home... and it wasn’t one of those magnetic evenings... unlike the one we had yesterday.    It was windy, but there are enough beach huts left for me to shelter behind.

I have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   the weather forecast is for us to have longer sunny spells... with the odd showers.

Photographs : Top – the Lady’s Tower, Middle – Elie lighthouse, and Bottom – evening sunshine on the South side of the Firth.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....