'Wall to wall' blue sky ....

2nd September 2017 (Saturday)  .... 08.45      Yesss .... we have a ‘wall to wall’ blue sky,  and hardly any wind... but it is cool;  well, it was cool first thing.... it
The Terrace Elie in morning sunshine .... and ...family on the beach
will be warm now that the sun is higher.    It’s a gorgeous morning.   I’m going to make a flask of coffee, and one of tea for Jimmy, and we’ll have our morning cuppa up at Chapel Green.

When I looked out to the Firth this morning, I noticed “Pole Star” was in Elie Bay, so I went down to the harbour to get a few photographs.   The photo I like best is one I took of The Terrace;   there’s family group in the frame,  enjoying a walk on the beach, which is unusual at that time of day.   I think the early morning is the best time of ‘the day’;   an hour in the morning is worth two in the afternoon.    I’d better get the kettle ‘on’.


Artist, Georgie Vestey from London, at work.
15.00     I got a pleasant surprise when I went up to Chapel Green at 10.00;   an artist had set up and was painting my favourite view of the ‘Royal Burgh’.    It’s not often this happens so I asked if it was Okay to take a few shots of her at work.    Actually I wished that I had the Canon with me.... better for coping with the bright light.   After chatting for a while I found out that she was from, and based, in London;   clicking on “Georgie Vestey”, will take you to the Excellence of Youth website, where you can find out all about her career so far.    The ‘atelier’ method of learning, is more or less the same as the five year trade training that we old fashioned trade apprentices, went through.     We do have a lot of interesting folk visiting our wee villages.    Georgie is travelling up to the highlands after she leaves Elie... Lochinver I think she said;   I hope the weather is good;   with plenty opportunity to paint.   

Jimmy arrived to do his ‘Alice’s Seat’ walk, after which we had our morning coffee on
NLV Pole Star off Elie.
‘The Boss’s Seat’.     Chapel Green walk was busy with it being such a bonnie morning, this = loads of chatting.


19.30    Shona dropped in for a catch up blether in the afternoon ... so I’m up to date with all the Barnyards ‘news’.    In fact I did a lot of ‘entertaining’ this afternoon ‘cos Jimmy dropped too;   the three of us had a cuppa up at the Hutte.
I did eventually polish a wee bit o’ the car bonnet this afternoon;  a trial run for when I really get round to doing it.
Tomorrow’s weather forecast is not exciting;   cloudy with the chance of rain later.   I’m feeling ‘brave’ so might bike along to reclaim ‘my’ gallery in the kirk.... weather permitting.


Photographs : Top – Elie harbour beach at 07.45, Middle – London artist Georgie Vestey painting the ‘Royal Burgh’... and Bottom – NLV ‘Pole star’ off Elie this morning. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....