56th Wedding Anniversary .....

9th September 2017(Saturday) ...12.30 ....  This is ‘our’ 56th Wedding Anniversary;  it doesn’t seem that long ago since Maggie and I were married;  in
Jems on 'The Boss'e seat' ...... looking for chocolate biscuits.
Kilconquhar Manse by Rev Robin Mitchell;   but it is.   With the weather being a bit ‘iffy’, (threat of showers) I a change of ‘plan’.   Jimmy and I had our  morning cuppa at Chapel Green, on the Boss’s seat, rather than me going up to Balcarres.     I will do that later on ... weather permitting.



 20.00     I took the car up to Balcarres and did the Woodland Walk at the bottom of the crag;   the original ‘plan’ was to go up to the folly, but there was a dark cloud bumbling its way southwards, and Balcarres was going to be underneath it.    I did a quick circuit of the walk, and was back, and inside the car when the heavens opened... and it was like that all the way to Ivy.   We’ve had a bonnie afternoon since that shower, but the threat of more showers is
Part of Balcarres Estate Woodland Walk.
still  with us.


Balcarres was busy this afternoon;  there must have been something ‘on’ at the ‘Big Hoose’, because at least a dozen cars passed while I was sitting in the car.  
The Woodland Walk is beginning to look, and ‘sound’ autumnal;  the trees are starting to change,....  and the birds were very quiet today.   I didn’t hear a Robin, and they are usually declaring ‘ownership’ of their part of the wood.   I did see a young Red Squirrel.   I’ll take the car up to the Deil’s Lodge the next time I go up to Balcarres, and walk down to the pond.    That will be next week sometime.

Once again the evening has been the bonniest time of day;  nice evening sun, and nae wind.    I went down to ‘Nana’s Seat’ and ‘fell apart’.    A lady from London came by and we chatted about Elie and Earlsferry, and the East Neuk.   She, her husband and
Evening time.
their dog are here for a week;   their first time in the East Neuk.    She knows all about the medieval ferry etc already!     Graham, who was out with Sapper, stopped and we chatted while admiring the view:  we are lucky living where we do.

I have ‘nae plan’ or tomorrow;   I think I’ll have arrest day.   It’s what I’m supposed to be doing!   The weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t that great.... cloudier with more chance of rain.

Photographs : Top – ‘Jems’ looking for the chocolate biscuits, Middle – part of the Woodland Walk  on Balcarres, and Bottom – The Ferry beach at evening time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....