Bright breezy and showery ....




 8th September 2017 (Friday) ....  08.30    Hmmmm ... it looks like being, ‘bright breezy with showers’ weather today.... a nice enough day;   in between the
Grey sky over Elie.
showers.     I am feeling ‘bright and breezy’ too, and will venture out, for a walk along the beach later;  right now we have a spell of showers passing over in fairly rapid succession.

20.30    The showers petered out by lunch time;   which was a bit of luck ‘cos I had a washing out.    Actually I’ve had a quiet day, having gone down to the harbour when along at the shops this morning ... in the car;  so not much in the way of exercise there.    In fact I went to Elie twice in the car .... I forgot to go to Barnett’s the Baker the first time.    Elie seemed quiet ... both times;  I thought this was a holiday weekend, but apparently it’s not.
  
Elie harbour beach.
I did a walk around the harbour this morning.... but never got up to Balcarres, which was my intention.    Instead of  going to Balcarres I ended up pottering around the garden... and having numerous cups  o’ tea.   I’d say that I have had a ‘lazy’ day.... but, then again, I am supposed to rest for a couple of days ... according to Siobhan ... the Nurse.   I’m not too keen on ‘resting’... it’s sort of frustrating.    Lucky that the Tour of Britain is on the tele just now;   I watched that intermittently.    Watching the race continually is a bit like watching paint dry .... ‘intermittent’ keeps it (the race) interesting... today’s stage finished in Aldeburgh, where Irene and Maggie went to play in the Daily Mail competition a number of years ago..   The Tour finishes
Looking over the bay to Earlsferry.
in Cardiff on Sunday.

Tomorrow would have been ‘our’ 56th wedding anniversary.   Although I 'lost' Maggie 8 years ago,  she, ‘The Boss’ is still rattling around in my head, keeping me right. 
Tomorrow I’m hoping to be mair active, with at least a turn round the Woodland Walk, and an anniversary coffee, at the Bottom of Balcarres Crag.     The weather forecast is ‘good’;   mostly ‘sunny spells’ with a few showers.

Photographs : Top – The Terrace, Middle – The harbour beach, and Bottom – Earlsferry ....  the other end of the bay.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....