You couldn't make this up .....

25th September 2017 (Monday) ...   09.30    this is the day No 267 of this year(2017) ... 163 of which, in Fife, have been ‘rain days’;  and the other 104 haven’t all been sunny days.... only ones without rain!    I must find out if fog
Hazy afternoon.
etc.  registers as rain.    From those statistics you will have worked out that we have a miserably dreich start to ‘today’ to add to the statistics .... not windy... but awfie wet, and it has been for most of the night by the look of ‘Blob’.    The forecast is for ‘brighter weather’ sometime in the afternoon.
  This dreichness is not my favourite weather .... and definitely not my favourite wind direction!    Having said that, Bergen (Norway), where the cycle race was held, is reckoned to be the wettest city in Europe... with an average of 250 rainy days per year, and guess what?;   they are basking in 14c sunshine today!     I’m feeling frisky in spite of the weather.

Transocean Prospect, and her tug friends, are off the Northwest corner of Spain, and bumbling along at 5.3 knots..... the crews probably enjoying lovely sunshine!


20.30    You couldn’t make this up!    I had an appointment at Queen Margaret Hospital to get my biopsy result;   Jimmy came along for the run.    We arrived there in loads of time so had a cuppa and a sandwich in the Cafe, before I ‘booked’ in at the Reception desk.    The Receptionist told me how to get to the Urology Dept;   “through those doors, turn left and walk along to the end of the corridor, where you will find a the lift;  and it’s one floor up!”   “No problem” says I.    We poodle along to the end of the corridor, but couldn’t see the lift;   then a lassie came along and asked “are you lost”.    “The Receptionist said that there was a lift along here”.    “There it is” says
Golfers on the tenth.
the lassie, pointing to the lift, in the corner.   Oops ... we thanked the lassie and went into the lift.    This was one big old lift ... none of the Sainsbury’s “Doors Closing” .... “Lift going up” etc.   This was a functional lift.    As Jimmy said “you could have a dance in here!”    The Receptionist told me that the Urology Dept was 1 floor up so I pressed ‘ 1’.    The doors wouldn’t close.   I thought ... ‘Mmmmm’, you must have to close the door by pressing this button’.    Yes... the doors closed.    “This is a smooth moving lift said Jimmy... you can hardly feel in at all... it must be ‘cos it’s big”.     We waited a wee while then decided that we’d have to open the doors by pressing the ‘Door’ button.    Yes the doors opened, and out we went.    After a minute or so of hard ‘looking’ we couldn’t see any signs pointing us to the Urology Dept.    Another lassie came along and we asked her.    “Oh ... that’s one floor up” she said.     I said “we’ve done that... I’m sure the Receptionist said it was one floor up!”.     “Yes” said this lassie, “the Receptionist is correct... it is one floor up!”    “So it’s another floor up I asked the lassie?”   “Well, it is another floor up... this is the
Sunset time.
ground floor!”.     Then the penny dropped!   No wonder we hadn’t felt the lift moving, it hadn’t .... and we were still on the ground floor!    We went into the lift for the second time, pressed button ‘2’, the doors closed, we felt the lift going up, it stopped, the doors opened and there it was .... a sign with ‘Urology Dept’ written all over it!    There’s never a dull moment when ‘The Boys’ are around.    
 Oh ... I nearly forgot, my biopsy is absolutely clear .... I’m free to go back onto my bike... and I’m ‘in love’ with Debra (Nurse)!

Tomorrow’s is forecast to be ‘cloudy, dry and warm’ with the chance of some bright spells;  good biking weather!


Photographs : Top – Kincraig cliffs this hazy afternoon (taken when I was waiting on a group of golfers arriving on the green) Middle – the tenth green with golfers, and Bottom – sunset time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....