Dental appointment .....

4th September 2017 (Monday) ... 08.00      The air is still, and the sky overcast this morning, but I see breaks in the general greyness, so we could get a few
The East Pier ... Anstruther.
‘bright spells’ when the sun gets going.    I’m anticipating a few bright spells when I’m in Anstruther .... and a drying breeze in Earlsferry;   I have a washing on the line. 


   22.00     Wellll .... the aforementioned washing got soaked and had to go through the ‘spin’ sequence again;  it’s now hanging on horses in the Hutte.    We have had a wet/dreich afternoon.   
I walked into the  Dental surgery this morning and thought I was in the wrong place;  it has been transformed.   There’s a new Reception and seating area, and the old waiting room is now a treatment room:  in fact it’s the room that I had my check up in.    I’m going back on Friday to have my teeth scaled and polished.

After leaving the dental surgery, I had a walk out to the end of Anstruther Harbour East Pier:  it wasn’t the bonniest of mornings but at that time it wasn’t raining.    By the time I’d walked back to the car it was raining.... and it got progressively heavier from then on, and only cleared away late in the afternoon.    Jimmy arrived not long
The Chalmers lighthouse ... Anstruther.
after I got home;  we had our morning cuppa and decided that we’d go to Sainsbury’s in the afternoon for a cuppa in the Cafe.

‘Transocean Prospect’, the oil platform that left Largo Bay the other morning is now off Anstruther/West of May Island, and appears to be heading for Aliaga (Turkey)... there’s a ship breaking yard there so it could be that Transocean Prospect is heading for the ‘knackers’ yard’.   I say ‘appears’ to be heading for Aliaga because two of the tugs have Aliaga as their destination.    At one point today they left the Firth, and were Southeast of May Island, but have come back to where they were this morning.    I will follow them on their travels to Turkey... they should be within range
Clearing sky behind Earlsferry.
of land masts for most of the trip.

If the weather is amenable I’m going out on the bike early tomorrow morning;   the only exercise I had today is wandering around Anstruther.... and I have a lot of pent up energy to get rid of.

Photographs : Top – the East Pier at Anstruther, Middle – Chalmers Lighthouse, Anstruther, and Bottom – clearing sky behind Earlsferry:   could this be a sign of better weather tomorrow?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....