Er .... sunrise time

17th September 2017 (Sunday) .... 09.00    Having slept like a log all night, I got up at 06.00 to catch the pre sunrise sky from the beach;  it’s in the half hour
Sunrise time at Elie this morning.
before the sun actually pops over the horizon that  you get the exciting colours.    Not so this morning... the sky was overcast.    However I went down to the beach anyway and, although disappointing as far as the sunrise went, it was braw watching the sky get lighter, and listening to the shorebirds.     Back at Ivy, I ‘louped’ into the car and went up to the ‘paper shop’ for milk ....and papers.    From there I went down to the harbour to have another wander around.... realised that I was hungry so came back to Ivy for food.  

I’ve had breakfast,.... now I’m beginning to feel sluggish!

Balcarres estate.
20.00    I had to have ‘50’ after lunch... i.e. 20 minutes shuteye.    When I woke up I was ready to ‘rock ‘n roll.... so I went up to Balcarres to have a wander round the Woodland walk.    When I set off from Ivy I was heading for Gillingshill!   I never cease to surprise ‘me’.   Today I found a ‘new’ bit to walk at the bottom of the crag ... it’s usually covered with nettles, etc, but the gardener has mown them down.   I think I might have ago at going right along to the East end via the bottom,  and try to get up to the top of the crag from there.   We used to be able to do that many years ago, but  there’s been a lot of growth since then;  especially the rhododendrons.    I’ll do that in the winter time after the undergrowth has died back.

It’s amazing the stuff that accumulates in a car boot.    I discovered this when emptying
Luminescent clouds over the Royal Burgh.
the car boot today;    it’s going for its MOT tomorrow.     ‘She’ is  a braw runner, and has only 39,000 on the clock, ... but, as with all Fiesta’s, corrosion of the wheel arch is the weak point.   Fingers crossed.

I don’t know if I’ll get up to see the sunrise tomorrow morning;  the weather forecast is for it to be cloudier, though mostly dry.    I’ll have a quick look out at 06.00 to see how the sky is looking.   


Photographs : Top – Sunrise time this morning, ... the sun is rising behind the Ship Inn, Middle – Balcarres estate, and, Bottom – Luminescent clouds at the ‘Centre of the Universe’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....