Wet/dreich start to 'today' ....

5th September 2017 (Tuesday) .... 08.00    Jings ... I feel ‘switched on’ this morning .... and it’s raining!    It’s not a pretty looking sky at the moment, but it
After the rain.
does look like cloud is beginning to break up slightly so .... I’ll make a mug o’ coffee.    


09.30    Mmmmmm ... it’s still raining, but the sky is less dark towards the West, and  .... I’m on my second mug o’ coffee.    I did some ironing, but the washing isn’t really dry enough for ironing, so I gave up on that plan, and  did some ‘ooverin and dustin’.   Basically I’m now waiting on the rain going away so that I can get out. 

13.00    The rain petered out, around about midday, so I had lunch then went up to Chapel Green on the bike.   Jimmy came along for a morning cuppa, and we watched the Tour of Britain cycle race;   it’s raining down there too, near Scunthorpe, so watching that didn’t ‘iggzactly’ cheer us up.   The sun hasn’t managed to make real
The Dome park entrance.
breakthrough yet.... but, it might by evening time. 

Jimmy and I are leaving for St Andrews at 15.30, so I have time to have a quick ‘50’ before then .... it can’t be activity that’s made me feel tired, it has to be  the dour weather.

21.30     The evening, has turned out to be the bonniest time of day ... ‘sunny and warm’ ... actually, this has been the case on many days this summer(?).    However tomorrow is forecast to be the best day of the week as far as weather goes... mostly sunny with showers.   I will be up... and maybe out early;  it depends on what weather we have.
Jimmy is happy with the outcome of his visit to St Andrews;   hospital visits are always
Elie lighthouse with Transocean Prospect on the horizon.
bothersome events, especially as we get older.  
Jim and Jimmy are coming to Ivy tonight so we’ll sort out Mother Earth .... yet again.   
Transocean Prospect is still messing about at the mouth of the Firth;  they must be making sure that everything is ‘just so’ before setting off ... for wherever it is they are going.    Probably Turkey but it could be Dundee.

Photographs : Top – admiring the scenery after the morning’s rain, Middle – The ‘Dome/Doom Park entrance, and Bottom – Elie Lighthouse with Transocean Prospect in the distance.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....