Grey morning ....

7th September 2017 (Thursday) .... 09.00   I’ve down on the beach for a short daunder along the water’s edge, on an overcast and cool morning, but at least it’s
Heron.... and Black Headed Gull in winter plumage.
dry.    It looks like the rain that’s forecast, isn’t far away.   The beach was surprisingly busy, probably with folk out for a walk before the rain comes in.   

Tug ‘AH Varazze’, with oil platform attached is nearing the English Channel shipping lanes;  as the first spits and spots of rain begin to speckle Ivy computer room window.

21.00     Once again  the evening is the best part of ‘the day’ as far as the weather goes:  we most certainly don’t have to worry about a hosepipe ban.   
My trip to Kirkcaldy went according to ‘plan’ .... except that I didn’t go shopping.    I didn’t leave the ‘Vic’ until nearly 16.30;  so....  I decided that I’d go  along to ASDA’s next week sometime .... this will give me more time to browse the aisles.     I should
Chapel Green from the Cockstail.
also have recovered from the biopsy procedure by then.     When I left the ‘Vic’ the rain was pelting down;   luckily the car was moored up not far from the door.    The drive home was uneventful, apart from a couple of holdups with queuing traffic.... and driving in a downpour. 

I don’t have a ‘plan’ formulated for tomorrow;  I had a dentist appointment but that has had to be rescheduled.    The weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t exciting, though we do stand a chance of some ‘bright spells’.  Exercise is limited to walking for the next week or two;   having said that, the weather, and my knee, will dictate the length of walk.   

Having spent most of today sitting around there’s isn’t much to report.   Jimmy went to
Earlsferry High Street ... east end.
the ‘Drop in Cafe’ and had a good blethering session.    I had numerous cups of  tea and coffee, and some interesting chat;  but I’d rather have been at the ‘Cafe’.  I’m hoping to get down to the beach in the morning .... but that depend on the weather.


Photographs : Top –  Heron on the Cockstail rocks, , Middle – Chapel Green from the Cockstail rocks, and Bottom – the East end of  ‘The Ferry’ High Street.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....