Pittenweem .... ....

14th September 2017 (Thursday) .... 08.30     It’s a lovely autumnal morning... a real, ‘must do stuff’ morning.... though there is a definite chill in the air. 
West Shore, Pittenweem.
   Then again it is autumn;   and, only 101 days until Christmas.... so we should expect colder spells.   I’m in the mood to do things, but I haven’t quite worked out what it is I want to do.   This calls for some pondering, and pondering isn’t proper pondering without coffee;  I’ll put the kettle ‘on’.





20.30    Would you believe it... I nearly forgot that we had the ‘Drop in Cafe’ this afternoon.    Actually I didn’t forget the ‘cafe’... I forgot it was Thursday.    The names of individual days don’t mean much to me;  the important things are whether it is daylight or dark... and what the
Looking West along West Shore, Pittenweem.
weather is doing.    Jimmy reminded me that it was ‘Cafe’ day, when we were having a morning cuppa.

We’ve had a nice day ... all of the daylight part of it at least .... and, after picking up a paper from the ‘Paper Shop’ I went along to the West Braes, Pittenweem, car park,  and wandered down to, and around, the harbour.    It was breezy, and cool at the top, but, as soon as I was on the path down to West Shore, I was out of the wind ... and warm ... hot even.    I bumbled my way along West Shore to the harbour, and out on the West Pier ... stopping to take photos at regular intervals.    I then retraced my steps back to the car;  stopping half way up the braes path when a lady invited me to ‘have a rest’ on the seat beside her... I must have looked ‘weak’.    She only moved to Pittenweem a week ago, from Northampton, and is beginning to find her way around.   A lassie walking her dogs joined us and we came to the conclusion that today might be the start of an ‘Indian Summer’.

My afternoon was taken up with sitting blethering in the ‘Cafe’;  it was quiet at first, it
"Launch Out" about to unload her catch.
usually is, but then it filled up and the Hall was soon buzzin’ like a contented, and happy, bumble bees nest.

The weather forecast for Friday is ‘good’;   I might get up and see how the sunrise is looking.   That means being down on the beach 20 minutes before the actual sunrise.    Sunrise is at 06.45.


Photographs : Top – West Shore, Pittenweem, Middle – looking West along West Shore, and Bottom – “Launch Out” mooring up to unload her catch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....