Busy, happy, boy ....

6th September 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    We have a lovely, ‘bright and breezy’ morning... and I have been a busy boy.    I set the machine going with a
Early morning sunlit Elie Kirk.
woollen wash, then biked up for the paper(s).    Since then I’ve hung out the woollens, put the sheets, that I stripped off the bed the other day, into the machine  .... and had breakfast.     What a difference the sun makes.   That said... we could get the odd shower later.... but, right now I’m enjoying  the sunshine;   and the braw ‘drying, Westerly wind’.  



20.30     It’s been the perfect ‘drying day’ .... in fact I could have put the same bedding back on the bed... after a quick iron.    The jerseys in the first wash, were dry by lunch time.     It’s taken me a while but I am getting the hang of this housekeeping thing.  
 
After a morning cuppa, Jimmy and I went to Leven;  Jimmy wanted to top up his
The Church tower.
freezer.    I bought toothpaste.    We went to Lidl’s;  there are  roadwork’s going on at the Lidl’s roundabout which is a hindrance.;  so we avoided that route on the way out of Leven.     When I’m in Kirkcaldy tomorrow my intention is to go to ASDA’s and have a browse,....  after my appointment at the ‘Vic’.  

I had a run up to the Barnyards Marsh in the evening;  someone had tried to set fire to the sedge and willows at the South east corner, and I wanted a photo of the damage.    Luckily it didn’t catch, so it’s classed as ‘vandalism’.    Had it got going there would have been a major fire.     The Police are investigating. 
 
Most of this day has been taken up with housekeeping duties;  I ironed the washing in the afternoon.... while keeping ‘an, occasional, eye’ on the Tour of Britain.    Jimmy came along for an afternoon cuppa so
Church clock.
we sat in the Hutte and conversed with “Blob”.    There is a juvenile Robin, probably one of Blob’s offspring, encroaching on Blob territory.   This could lead to some skirmishing.... even if it is one of his own 'children'.

Transocean Prospect is off the coast of Northeast England, being towed/guided by two tugs;  they are down to arrive off Turkey on the 30th September.   I might be able to follow their progress most of the way .... if they are within range of land masts... and they have their tracking system switched ‘on’.


Photographs :  all three are of Elie Church this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....