East wind ....

1st September 2017 (Friday)  .....  08.00   The wind, which is light, is coming in from the North Sea and has brought cloud in with it, spoiling what should be
Transocean Prospect with attendants.
a bonnie day.    However it should brighten up later.   I’ll get the bike out after breakfast.... right now Puku needs food.    I don’t have a plan for today now .... I expected ‘wall to wall’ sunshine this morning.    

Oh my word it's raining .... this calls for a change of plan methinks.


20.30    After a drab, wet, morning we ended up with a bonnie afternoon... and evening... in spite of the fact, that the Easterly breeze kept the temperature down.    However, it was warm enough for me to go out on the bike without a jacket ... having said that I did put it on when I got into Elie estate when I
Rowan tree on Elie estate.
was under the trees... and therefore out of the sun.   Before going out I washed the car;  I’ll polish a bit of it tomorrow.    It was my intention to polish the bonnet this evening but with the sun beginning to go down, the temperature did likewise.    I had a cuppa.

On my way through the Estate I met a couple who were walking the ‘circle’ from Kinneuchar, through the estate, stop in Elie for a coffee, then back to Kinneuchar;  unfortunately they followed  the new ‘core path’ and missed the loch;  they wanted to see Kinneuchar from the south bank... i.e. from the Boat House.    When I got to the boat house I met a gentleman out for a walk;  he has moved into Barnyards.    I had chat with him.   I am,
Kinneuchar Loch.
by nature, a shy person........ as you all know!

There is much activity round one of the oil rigs in Largo Bay.    Oil Rig “Transocean Prospect” has five tugs fussing around her;  this makes me think she could be about to be moved.    The tugs have interesting names;  ‘Pacific Duchess’, ‘Atlantic Merlin’, ‘Atlantic Kestrel’, ‘A.H. Varazze’, and ‘Forth Boxer’.   ‘Forth Boxer’ is a port tender, ‘Pacific Duchess’ an Off Shore Supply vessel, the other three are tugs.

The weather forecast is ‘excellent’ for tomorrow....  the wind is going to be from the West, so we shouldn't get stuff coming in from the North Sea.


Photographs : Top – activity around “Transocean Prospect”, Middle – A Rowan Tree heavy with fruit on the Estate, and Bottom – Kinneuchar Loch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....