Happy .....

16th September 2017 (Saturday) ..... 09.00   “Good Morrrrrning” everyone .... on a nice, albeit mostly overcast with the threat of rain, Saturday
The beach at sunrise.
morning.    The beach (yes I’ve been down there) is the place to go for a relaxing, slightly chilly, walk:  the tide is out ... and it’s the ‘sunrise season’.      I missed the sun rising ... that happened behind a cloudbank, but it was bonnie nonetheless.    Nae ‘plan’ for today ... I might go up to the Deil’s Lodge and walk down to the pond ... in the afternoon, when the sun is blazing down!


19.30      The sun wasn’t ‘blazing down’ when I did the North Lodge walk, in fact is was spitting rain, on and off, for most of the time.   I decided to do this walk clockwise today;  I enjoyed doing the walk ‘backwards’, but it’s not something I will be doing again!     Going down to the sawmill is easy, it’s a gentle downward slope, but coming back up the North Lodge road is hard work, up a steep incline from the burn all the
Morning sunlight on Earlsferry.
way to the North Lodge.   The total distance walked was 2.68 kilometres (1.66 miles)... though by the time I was back at the car it felt like I’d walked a lot further.    I forgot to take a bottle of water with me, so I was thirsty, and, because I could hear the Den Burn in the background, I was desperately thirsty when I got to the car.     I forgot that the North Lodge road is actually steep.   I’ve biked up it, and it is hard work .   This is one ‘boy’ that will sleep well tonight.

It hasn’t been a bonnie day...too many spells of rain... and it has been cold.   I’d say that  the time for scarves and gloves is upon us once again.... the weather forecast mentioned frost for the Highland glens.    Having said that, a group of folk went up
Footpath near Balcarres sawmill.
Ferry Road earlier this evening, and one of them was in ‘shirt sleeve order’. 
 
Tomorrow’s weather is supposed to be drier than today’s was, and with the wind being light it shouldn’t feel too cold;  even if the wind is from the Northeast.

I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow:    apart from thinking of getting up early to catch the sunrise.    That depends on how tired I am.   I’ve had an enjoyable time today, even with the weather being iffy.... more of the same tomorrow would be fine.


Photographs: Top  and Middle -  taken on the beach this morning, and, Bottom – one of the paths  near Balcarres sawmill.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....