Romantic kind of morning ....

28th September 2017 (Drop in Cafe Day .... sometimes known as Thursday) .... 08.30     Everything in the garden is wet after overnight rain .... but that has cleared away and we have ‘bright and sunny’, with a light South Westerly breeze;
Autumnal touch to the trees.
   a lovely morning... almost wall to wall blue sky in fact.

I went down to the beach to get the sunrise, but didn’t;   for two reasons.    Reason one ...it was obscured by clouds,  and reason two...even if it had been visible;   I didn’t have a card in the camera.    However I filled my lungs with some exhilarating ‘Royal’ air... and felt exhilarated!   I still do.   Feel exited/exhilarated i.e.   I’ll have a ‘fly cup’, then get the bike out and head East, pick up the papers then go up through Elie Estate... stopping at the 'Oak House' to see how it's coming along.

20.00    Oh my word;   the road past the ‘Oak House’ is a sea of mud, and guess who had to bike through it, twice .... yep ‘the boy’.    It wasn’t too bad the first time... I was on my way up to the Boat House,... but on the way back , from the boathouse, I
The Oak House.
pedalled myself into corner ....  a wet one.    There was a mechanical digger working at the junction where the Oak House stands:   I should have turned back when I saw it .... but this boy ‘isn’t for turning’.. so I ploughed on, into and nearly through, what turned out to be a very deep puddle of water.    I had to get off the bike, and ended up, ‘stood staunin’ on a narrow verge, with five feet of water between me and the solid, and muddy, road.    The digger driver saw my predicament, took the bike, and I walked back along the verge until it was narrow enough for me to jump over the puddle, and plowter through the mud to the driver.    There is much going on up at the Oak House just now, and the roads are very, very  muddy .... aye, ... and they have deep puddles on them too!     I thanked the driver for coming to my rescue ... we had a good laugh;   I then poodled my way up past Elie House, where I met Jimmy galloping along with his ‘hurdy gurdy’, out for his morning walk.

This was the ‘Drop In Cafe’ afternoon, which was ‘quiet’ at first, but got busier after
Immature Oyster Catcher.
half an hour.    I enjoy the happy company and chat, over a cuppa and a biscuit.
From the ‘Cafe’ I biked down to the harbour, photographed my way round it, then photographed my way back to Ivy.    It has been a bonnie day for being out, though the wind, that had been westerly in the morning, was Easterly by afternoon.

Tomorrow morning might be a good one for having a ‘sleep in’;   according to the weather forecast we should waken to rain, which will clear away to give us good sunny spells.


Photographs : Top – Autumn colours beginning to touch the trees;  Kilconquhar if the foreground, Balcarres in the background, Middle -  the ‘Oak House’, and Bottom – immature Oyster Catcher feeding.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....