Beautiful morning ....

12th September 2017 (Tuesday) .... 09.00     I’m “fresh and frisky” this morning .... and so is the weather:  we have a lovely drying day (and it ain’t goin’ to be
Balcarres crag tower from the path.
that tomorrow) so there’s a washing going through, which I’m going to hang out before going up to Elie (in the car) for the paper.    For some reason that I don’t understand, I’m feeling excitable ... almost in ‘adventure’ mode.  


 19.00    Oh my word .... this ‘boy’ has had a busy day.   Funnily enough I didn’t do anything asinine ... in fact I’d say that I have been normal for a whole day.

After a morning cuppa I decided to go up to the Cupar Tesco’s to get a couple of their Salmon and Prawn Fish Pies... and a few other things.    The journey was in vain regarding the fish pies;  they were out of stock.   I bought an ‘Admiral’s Pie’, which I could have got at Sainsbury’s in Leven.    I don’t particularly like  the ‘Admiral’s Fish
Balcarres crag tower.
Pies’ because they are made with Pollack, and definitely not as tasty as the salmon and prawn ones;  but I felt that I had to buy at least one Fish Pie after going all that way.    I went up to Cupar via Pitscottie, and came home via Ceres.    Had I not bought frozen stuff, I’d have stopped in Ceres for a cuppa in the Museum Cafe.

In the afternoon I decided to tackle Balcarres Crag.    I have been banned from the bike for a few weeks, so I took the car up to the estate, I then walked the crag path.    It’s a couple of years since I was up there, and in that time the path has become overgrown in places... and damp after the wet summer.

Prior to 1956, when Myxomatosis was introduced in Scotland, rabbits used to have the
Kinneuchar kirk from Balcarres crag.
grass up at the tower nibbled down to first class lawn standards:  now it’s knee high.   However the view from the top is still the same, in fact it’s better now since one of the trees has been felled, opening up the view.   There was a slight haze today and that spoils the clarity of  telephoto photographs,... but,  I am happy with what I got.

No ‘plans’ for tomorrow.... the weather forecast is not great, so I’ll make a ‘plan’ when I see what the weather is like.

Photographs : Top  and Middle – Balcarres Crag folly, and Bottom – Kinneuchar kirk from the crag.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....