Friendship Lunch ....

13th September 2017 (Wednesday) ... 09.00    It’s a miserable kind of morning.... overcast and damp.... but at least we are missing the worst of ‘Aileen’!    By all accounts the Midlands of England are having a rough morning.     At times the
Elie Pier.
greyness looks like it could break up;   we might yet end up with ‘bright spells’.    Just after midday ..... we have the “Friendship Lunch”;  that’s one definite ‘bright spell’ to look forward to.     

A few days ago I ‘lost’ the tugs AH Varazze and Atlantic Kestrel, with the oil platform, Transocean Prospect in tow, when they were about to enter the English Channel shipping lanes:   this morning I ‘found’ them .... bumbling about in the North Sea off Hartlepool.    Perhaps they are dodging Storm Aileen.    I thought they’d be near the Mediterranean by now.

20.00     Wellll .... what can I say;  this has been one drab day as far as the weather went .... grey and gloomy for, more or less, the whole day;  that said, the sun tried to break through a couple of times, but, even then it didn’t have the strength to cause
Ivy rose.
shadows.   The weather has not been ‘pretty’ today.    Luckily we had the ‘Friendship Lunch’ to cheer us all up.... the only real bright spell over the whole day.  
 
Back at Ivy I decided that there wasn’t much point in thinking of going out for a walk;  no, I’d stay in, and make a batch of wholemeal scones.... which is “iggzactly” what I did do.   When I was mixing the ingredients I began to think that this was not going to be a successful ‘mission’ .... however, I was wrong; the finished scones looked, and tasted good.   Jimmy came along about half an hour after I’d finished, so we had one with an afternoon cuppa.

Since then I’ve printed off some photographs, looked at some other photographs, and
East Lodge, Balcarres ... from the crag.
generally had ca ‘lazy’ day.    Tomorrow the weather is going to be excellent .... anything after this kind of day is bound to be excellent.    I might go and have an adventure.    One thing I must do, is remember to book the car in for its MOT.   That is not an ‘adventure’;  I’ll have an adventure after it has passed!


Photographs : Top – Elie this morning ... and for the remainder of the day, Middle – wet Ivy rose, and Bottom – East Lodge, Balcarres.    We lived in East Lodge from 1950 – 52.... Balcarres Crag, and Den, was our playground.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....