Beautiful morning .....

15th September 2017 (Friday) .... 08.00    A couple of weeks ago we saw the oil platform, Transocean Prospect being towed out of the Firth; however, it
Lorraine and Kirsty.
looks like she could be coming into the Firth again.     As I type, tugs AH Varazze and Atlantic Kestrel, with Transocean Prospect in tow, are off the East Lothian coast, and should be visible to the south of May Island sometime soon.   There must be a glitch with the plan to tow the platform to Turkey.

20.00     There can’t have been many days this summer that have been totally dry.   If we had sun in the morning it was raining in the afternoon and vice versa.   Today we’ve had a mixture;  sun in the morning, rain in the afternoon and sun again in the evening.   Bring on our ‘Indian Summer’ .... we are much in need of it.    The washing that I hung out this morning was dry before the showers came over.

My morning passed quickly;  I did a washing, went down to the harbour, and then along to Leven with jimmy who was running out of porridge sachets.    I bought ‘Blob Fodder’.   My ‘plan’ was to go for a walk in the afternoon;  which is in fact what I did do.    By this time the showers clouds were gathering, so I decided to go out to the East
The Lady's Tower ... Elie.
Links and do the Lady’s Tower’ Elie Lighthouse walk ... walking the bit between the Lady’s Tower and the Lighthouse via the beach/rocks for a change of viewpoint.

The first shower came over when I was at the Lady’s Tower so didn’t get wet.    I meandered from the Lady’s Tower to the Lighthouse, and had just finished taking photos, at the Lighthouse, by the time the second shower came over.   I was slightly damp by the time I got back to the car.   I’m absolutely shattered with all the clambering over the rocks between the Lady’s Tower and the Lighthouse ... tomorrow I’m going to go somewhere  where there are no rocks!

Transocean Prospect appears to be on her way south again, after some attention by a
Capt. Latto at his creels.
couple of port tenders, south west of May Island.   I got a distant shot of her on the horizon.    Anyway she is now heading south, being towed by Atlantic Kestrel, and  A.H. Varazze.... making for the breaker’s yard at Aliaga in Turkey.

Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be much the same as today’s .... sunny spells at first, with showers moving in after midday. 


Photographs : Top – Lorraine and Kirsty, on their way to the wholesaler’s, to, stock up with ‘Jimmy’s Biscuits’, Middle – The Lady’s Tower, Elie, and Bottom – Captain Latto at his creels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....