Early morning fog ....

3rd December 2016 (Saturday) .... 09.45    The sun is beginning to break up thick fog we woke up to this morning.... hopefully we might end up with a nice day.    It is a ‘nice day’ as it is.... cloudy with hardly any wind .... though, when I was
 Earlsferry High Street.
down on the beach earlier I did ‘notice’ that the breeze is from the North and was cold on the hands.  
 I need to use ‘warm’ butter to make shortbread.    This will be my second attempt at shortbread:  I remember ‘warming’ up a lump of butter in the microwave a few of years ago, and ending up with a bowl of oil.   The butter that I’m going to use today has not been in the fridge;   that will have to be warm enough.   

We have the ‘Colinsburgh’ Coffee Morning at Kinneuchar this morning;   I’ll go up to that.    Jimmy doesn’t ‘do’ the Kilconquhar ‘Coffee Mornings’.

21.30   I enjoyed the ‘Colinsburgh’ Coffee Morning (in Kilconquhar Church), and, by the time I got back to Ivy the sun had burnt back the fog:  so I grabbed the camera and went down to the beach.    With there being hardly any wind to bring ‘chill factor’ into the equation, we were enjoying, late autumn, warm, sunshine;   and there were people on the beach making the most of it.    With the tide being ‘out’, I was able to get way down among the rocks, where I enjoy myself best.    I
Sunny and warm by 11.00
got back up to Ivy in time to get the kettle on so that Jimmy could have an early afternoon cuppa.

There may only be three ingredients that go into making shortbread, but getting the three of them mixed into some kind o’ workable lump takes a bit of effort.  Once you have that ‘lump’ you’re ‘home and dry’.    I think that my oven was set slightly high because the end result seems a little ‘overdone:  that said, Jimmy and I will be eating the shortbread;  not “Blob” and his pals.   Even the ‘round’ that I made via the mould looks good.    The hardest bit when using a  mould is getting the mixture from the mould onto the baking tray:  it took a few good thumps to release it.  I’ll make another
Shortbread baking practice round.
practice batch tomorrow.

Tomorrow?    Tomorrow is forecast to be another ‘quiet’ day, as far as the weather goes, though it will be cold first thing.     The ‘kirk’ is at Kinneuchar tomorrow;   it all depends on how I feel in the morning as to whether I go or not.    When I got out of bed this morning I felt sluggish, but once I’d showered etc I was fired up and ready for the beach.     It might be the same tomorrow morning.  

Photographs :  Top – Foggy Earlsferry High Street, Middle – three hours later it was sunny and warm, and Bottom – The ‘round’ of shortbread made from the mould.    I should have marked it into four ‘farls’, a ‘farl’ being one quarter of a round.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....