Breezy and colder .....

23rd December 2016 (Friday) .... 10.00     We have a ‘bright, breezy, and colder morning, with no sign of fog but it looks like there might be showers on the
Nice sky over Earlsferry
South Downs;  a nice, brisk kind of morning.    I’ll take a wander ‘down town’ later.     

   When I went down for breakfast, at 08.15, I noticed that Bonnie was i/c, .... and  I assumed that I was first down.    It turned out that the ‘troops’ had been in Eastbourne by 06.45 doing a ‘shopping’!      They arrived back about  09.30.  

 23.30     We ended up with a wild day not so sunny Sussex... and with heavy showers later in the evening.    However the rain is forecast to clear away overnight, the sky should clear, and, if it does there might even be a touch of frost in places by morning.
We had a visit from Joe and Sue, friends of Janice, and Michael this afternoon;  Joe is the only person I’ve met with the same birthday, 23rd March 1983 er 38.    Both Sue
Janice and Michael with Bonnie moochin'.
and Joe are looking good, and happy;   making a good job of growing older.

I couldn’t understand why the laptop was running slow on a fully charged battery this evening;   then I discovered that, though I had plugged the charger into the laptop, I forgot to plug it into the wall socket... before giving it two hours of ‘charging’ time;  except it was charging!       This means that I am now working ‘late’... on a fully charged battery.    Luckily ‘The Hobbit’ was on the TV and I watched that while the laptop was charging.     Having visited the Weta Workshop, in Wellington, where we saw the actual models that were used in the film, it is great watching the film and seeing the models being used.

Emily and John are coming over from Somerset tomorrow;   they are going to spend
My beach
Christmas with ‘us’ here at “No 1”.    I think ‘JB’ will be dropping in on his way home from work on Christmas Day, but only passing through. 

I forgot to take the camera with me when i went ‘down town’ so I’m short of Uckfield Photos today!
Photographs: Top – The Royal Burgh, Middle – Janice, Michael and Bonnie, Bottom – My beach!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....