On the beach for dawn breaking ..... ...

16th December 2016 (Friday) .... 13.00     ‘The Boy’ (that’s me) has had  a really enjoyable, and full morning.    I was down on the beach by 07.15 to photograph
Dawn beginning to break over Elie.
the ‘false dawn’ light .... sunrise was at 08.41 .... unfortunately it. the false dawn light,

didn’t happen this morning.    However I did get a few photo’s of  the real dawn breaking;   right through until the sun peeped over the Lammermuir hills.    It was brilliant down on the beach at dawn time:    there was enough light to see all around, but not the ‘white’ light that comes with the ‘false dawn’.    However, the haunting sound of two curlews ‘conversing’, and an occasional Redshank piping up....more than made up for that.  

When I looked at the mornings set of Elie and Earlsferry, ‘dawn to sunrise’ photos ... I
Half an hour before sunrise.
was much pleased.    I didn’t have much time to look at them because I had to go along to Anstruther to pick up my specs.    That turned out to be a fruitless mission as there wasn’t an optician on duty along there today... and, being Vari-focals, the specs have to be fitted by an optician.    I’ll make an appointment after I get back from Sussex.    I had a cuppa to get me unwound, then wandered up to the post box and posted the Christmas cards;   going back home to via the beach.

Jim and Jimmy dropped in for a coffee/tea;   this was a very welcome break from my being in ‘flap on’ mode.    That took us up to 11.45. when the ‘boy’s poodled off to have lunch.

21.30    At last I’m beginning to look forward to Christmas;   my Christmas cards have been written, and posted (either GPO or Rotary) with only the local ones to pop through the doors sometime tomorrow.    I took some ‘time out’ tonight to go out with
Floodlit Kilconquhar Church.
the camera fitted on to the tripod tonight:  with Kilconquhar Church being floodlit for the Festive Season I decided to begin my ‘practice’ there.   I think I have the timings about right;  just got to get the focusing perfected.    The tripod is ideal;  nae fiddly bits to bother me... yes, I shall ‘do’ Kilconquhar Kirk again tomorrow night ... and the trees and decorations, around the village.    Weather permitting of course.... i.e. nae wind ... or rain!   The weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow... light wind, and mair sunshine!


Photographs : Top – dawn breaking, Middle – half an hour before sunrise, and Bottom – Kilconquhar Church floodlit for the Festive Season.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....