Damp and frosty .....

6th December 2016 (Tuesday) .... 08.00    There’s a rawness in the air this morning that suggests rain later.    The ‘gritter’ has been round so the Roads Dept.
Elie
is expecting early morning frost;   right now it is near freezing point.    I’m organised for Anstruther, or will be after I have my morning cuppa.


21.00    For the trip to the Govan’s the Opticians I had planned, in my mind, that we’d ‘moor  up’ the car half way between the opticians and the Coffee Shop:  but, as Rabbie Burns said in “To a Mouse” .... “the best laid schemes o’ mice, and men, gang aft agley!” and so it proved this morning.    My ‘dream’ parking place was already ‘full’ so.... Plan ‘B’:   moor up across from Govan’s using Jimmy’s Bloo Badge, and forget about the coffee:  which is what we did.    Both of us got good reports re our eyes;   I decided to get new
Elie harbour
‘specs’ (£115)‘cos the ones I have are seven years old.   Irene, a ray of sunshine on an otherwise grey day, arrived in the shop as we were leaving;  she, and Andrew are just back from a holiday on some Mediterranean island, where brightly coloured flowers are blooming;  now I’m looking forward to Spring!       Jimmy and I poodled our way back to Ivy where we had a celebratory cuppa. 

Even though the weather was grey and cold, I decided to go for a walk along the beach;   this time towards Elie harbour.    Where we live never ceases to amaze me.    Our corner of Mother Earth looks lovely no matter what the weather conditions are....  even on a grey, uninspiring looking ‘day’, there’s beauty all around.    I bumbled my way along to and back from, the old Elie sewage pipe.... and I wasn’t the only person on the beach,....  though not many of them were aiming for the sewage pipe.   Billy
Dog Walking on the Ferry beach.
(Donaldson) was, I met him,... walking from the harbour along to the Black Wa’ for his morning exercise,....  at the
above mentioned sewage pipe.

We have a horrible wet evening now, but it is feeling warmer ...the rain is  forecast to peter out overnight.    ‘Tomorrow’ is forecast to be considerably warmer than of late .... and windier.    I may have a wee ‘sleep in’ tomorrow morning... at the time of writing I don’t have a ‘Plan’ for tomorrow.    Jimmy was feeling a bit ‘iffy’ this afternoon so I’ll probably bumble my way along to see how he is when I go for the paper.


Photographs : Top – Breakwater Elie, Middle – Elie Harbour, and Bottom – happy dogs, and owners, on the ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....