Bright and sunny after early fog .....

22nd December 2016 (Thursday) ....    The early morning fog, that has disrupted flights into the London Airports, is beginning to clear away,
Fog shrouded Uckfield.
and it looks like we are going to have some of the “Sunny Sussex” after all.   Michael and Janice are away to Eastbourne, leaving “Bonnie” (Westie), ‘in charge.    She is not taking her responsibilities to seriously as she is sound asleep, leaving me with all the ‘pressure’.     I’ll have a cuppa and a mince pie!  


   21.30      “Sunny Sussex”  appeared out of the fog about 10.00.... and  “Bonnie” and I had a cuppa sitting out in the garden, before I set out to bake some ‘Melting Moments’.    The mix went into the oven as Melting Moments’ and came out as ‘Paris Buns’.    I have yet to actually make ‘Melting Moments’ down here;   I’ve tried often enough, and turned out various highly edible
Guard dog on patrol.
‘biscuits’ but never Bero Melting Moments.    I’ll have another ‘go’ after Christmas.

Leaving the ‘guard dog’ on patrol, I went out for a daunder, in the warm, late afternoon.... sunset time in fact.   Uckfield disnae have a beach, but I have found a place to take sunset photos from.... my bedroom window.    Anyway I had a nice walk, but .... it wisnae ‘my’ beach;   that said there isnae anywhere like ‘my’ beach... except perhaps Pettycur harbour and it’s beach.

Tomorrow I’ll go ‘down town earlier in the morning and have a coffee in “The Civic Centre”.    The sky was red at sunset so I’m assuming we’re going to have another nice day again tomorrow.... if it’s really nice I may go for a wander, though I have thinks to do before Sunday.     I’ve been watching the ‘soaps’
Sunset over  the Downs
when having a cuppa, and, the impression that I’m getting is that the Christian  Christmas is being ‘phased out’, and the ‘commercial Christmas’ is being ‘phased in’.    “Happy Holidays”, instead of “Merry Christmas”,  isnae far away right enough.    That is not good.

WE don’t appear to have the fog tonight, but it might develop overnight;   fog certainly disrupts the airports..... I didn’t hear any aircraft heading for Gatwick at the usual early morning time.

Photographs : Top – Foggy Uckfield .... we live at the top of the hill so the fog clears away  quickly,  Middle – this is the “Guard Dog”, and  Bottom – sunset sky over Sussex.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....