"Merry Christmas everybody ......

25th December 2016 (Christmas Day) .... 09.30
“Merry Christmas Everyone”

We have an overcast, and quiet start to Christmas Day.... and mild, but there is fog around.     We are going to go visiting in a few minutes so I’d best ‘get a move on’;   have a very Merry Christmas where ever you are... or, if you are in the Southern Hemisphere... I hope you ‘had’ a very Merry Christmas.   Love you all.



22.30    I don’t think I have ever know Uckfield be so ‘quiet’.... even London Road (Uckfield High Street morphs into London Road at the top of the hill) had very few cars on it.... and folk like their cars doon here.    Everyone must have been inside enjoying Christmas with their families which, after all, is what we had been doing until
Janice taking a wee bit of 'time out'from the kitchen.
we walked over to see Leeann and Martyn, Janice’s daughter and son in law, with their two ‘troops’, “Darcie” and “Sullivan”.   Sullivan was having his afternoon nap, but “Darcie”, who will be three tomorrow, managed to entertain us nae bother.   The visiting was done after we’d opened our presents, in the morning.
Our three course Christmas Lunch, brilliantly prepared by Janice and Michael, was outstanding .... and included a nice New Zealand  wine... on the 'wine list'.    The helpings were of Janice proportions but I was prepared, having not ‘nibbled’ all morning, and managed to nigh on clear my plate;   and have a sweet!    Since Lunch I ‘rested’ ... i.e. had ‘50’ in my bedroom:  then bumbled orf downstairs to see what’s happening.    WE played a couple of games of the board game “Chase”..... an easy g
Michael modelling new wellies
ame to ‘get the hang of’ and educational.    I didn’t win, which wasn’t surprising, but I did enjoy it.   The cheese and nibbles then appeared so I fed “Puku”... who likes Christmas.    In between times I did a wee bit of dish washing.... there’s always loads o’ that associated with Christmas Lunch!
This has been my first Christmas spent in England, and it has been enjoyable:  the general festivities are the same all over the UK, the difference is being wished a “Merry Christmas” by folks with English voices..
I shall go to bed, remembering that today we were celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus 2000+ years ago:   a fact that we tend to forget in this ‘commercial’ age.    I’m only saying this because it’s a fact ....whether we ‘believe’ or not.

Photographs : Top – Janice, taking ‘time out’ from working in the kitchen, Middle – Michael ‘modelling’ his new ‘Barbour ‘wellies’, and Bottom – Michael, Janice and Darcie.   
Michael Janice and Darcie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....