Peaceful morning ....

12th December 2016 (Monday) ... 10.00    As you can see in the photo we have a bonnie , peaceful, morning here:   wouldn’t it be great if everyone on Mother
Twenty minutes before sunrise time.
Earth could wake up to peaceful mornings!    Sadly, this is not the case:   human greed, and the human penchant for killing, means that many people waken up to heartbreak and worry,... many don’t waken up at all.        I do much ‘thinking’ when I’m on ‘my’.. our beach.      We are very, very fortunate to live where we do.


21.30    This has been a good day for ‘working’:  and I don’t doubt that some folk have done that:  someone has been hammering and banging, not that far away from Ivy.... this made me feel quite weak.    I had to find somewhere to relax... so, packing the camera stuff, including the tripod, into the car boot I went down to Elie pier for a ‘practice’.    My old tripod had ’turn buttons’ that had to be tightened to hold the camera steady, and my hands couldn’t cope with that.   I had to use a pair of pliers.    The new tripod has two handles for operating the ‘head’;  one
Actual sunrise time.
for panning and tilting, and the other for ‘leveling’.   It wasn’t the bonniest day for ‘camera practice’ but I managed to do enough to know that my hands have no problems with this new tripod.... it is ideal for me.    And, I was back at Ivy in time to get the kettle on for Jimmy’s morning cuppa.
  
After our cuppa, and having sorted the world, we decided that a trip to Leven  would be handy:  Jimmy wanted some fruit, and other bits and pieces;  I was sure to find something that I wanted.    It began to rain as we set off for Leven, so it was a perfect
The Breakwater Elie.
day for some mild retail therapy.    By the time we got back to Ivy it was ‘dreich’... not an afternoon for going out for a daunder.

With the weather turning miserable, and darkness coming in quickly, I decided to spend the remainder of the afternoon printing off Christmas cards.    This has been done, and took up most of the evening as well as the afternoon.     The printer has the same work characteristics as me .... slow and steady;   once it gets started!    Anyway the cards have been printed:   there are five ‘different’ cards.... basically the same design with different photographs.


Photographs : Top – 20 minutes before sunrise, Middle – actual sunrise time, and Bottom – The Breakwater, Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....