Sunny Sussex morning after early frost ....

29th er 28th December 2016 (Wednesday) .....   We have another “Sunny Sussex” morning.... another nice day for ‘walking’.    That said, I’m ‘resting’
Sunrise at Uckfield
today;  my knees are stiff after slipping and slithering down to Buxted yesterday!     I will probably go ‘out’ in the afternoon.    Janice, Emily and Michael are orf to Hailsham, leaving the ‘Bonnie’ in charge of John and I.   This is a stressful situation for one ‘dawg’.
22.30    Em and John are up visiting John’s parents in Cumbria for the second half of their ‘Festive Season’ holiday;   the weather was good for travelling, the only problem might have been congestion on the motorways.
I have had a ‘restful’ day.... which “Puku”, (Bless his lack o’ wrinkles) has enjoyed!     Tomorrow I intend being active again;   the weather forecast is for it to be frosty early, then bright, sunny and cool.    I don’t intend going into any of the Nature Reserves because of the mud;   I might do a wee circumnavigation of the town.... the ‘Snatt’s Road’ walk.
Strange clouds at sunset time - Uckfield
We had a bonnie sunrise, and sunset today.... in fact the clouds at sunset were of  a type I have never seen before.   They were well photographed from my bedroom window.   Janice went ‘down town’ in the afternoon and was surprised at how quiet it was;   no queue at the Post Office counter in WH Smith’s for instance.     Instead of ‘walking’ I fell fast asleep for nigh on an hour in the afternoon;   I blame the change of air.... and the exercise I had yesterday.
Michael has got a cold, that is doing the ‘rounds’ down here;  I’m hoping to miss it, but nearly everyone I talk too has had it at some point in the last month.   Even HM and the Duke have been ‘laid low’ with it.  Oops .... I sneezed a couple of times just now; this is not good!
We’ve had a quiet evening watching the ‘tele’.... and working on the  computer.    
!5 minutes after sunset... Uckfield
Michael managed to speed up his internet connection, after some ‘fiddling around with ‘things’.... so, although we’ve had a ‘quiet’ evening it has been productive in some ways.

Photographs : Top – Sunrise, Middle – the strange clouds, immediately after sunset, and Bottom – the strange, clouds 15 minutes after sunset.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....