Colder but nice ....

20th December 2016 (Tuesday) .... 07.30     It looks like being a nice enough day;   the Eastern sky is starting to ‘light up’ and there are breaks in the clouds.    The weather forecast is for rain to come later in the afternoon.   There’s not
Kirkcaldy station
much wind but it is cool ... 3c.

I’m organised for my trip south... the taxi is coming at 08.45..... I’ll manage a quick trip to the beach before then!    The next ‘update from Uckfield.... have a great day doing ‘happy things’.



21.00     Arrived in Uckfield at 17.00 after a pleasant journey;  all the way from Inverkeithing .... oops I meant Kirkcaldy.     Inverkeithing was the station that the person who was going to be sitting next to me boarded the train;   a lovely lady, who will be ‘80’next year.    Once we settled down, and began to chat, we chattered, intermittently, all the way to London.    Unusual for me I didn’t ask her name, but no one could have had a better travelling companion than I did.    She was originally from Methlick, which is near Auchnagatt so we were able to talk about places we both knew .... such as Haddo House etc.   This ‘unknown’ lady made the trip a very pleasant
River Thames London
one for me.    I hope that she enjoyed the journey too.


 Michael was waiting for me at Kings Cross, and I was surprised to find that the journey from London to Haywards Heath was completely unaffected by the Southern rail  problems;  we were travelling by ‘Thameslink’, and the train was brand new.     ‘Thameslink were also running ‘Southern’ trains with ‘Thameslink’ stickers on the side of the carriages.   Of course we were travelling before the ‘rush hour’.    One of the biggest changes I noticed on the way home is the new multi storey car park at Haywards heath:  they must have increased the available parking almost fivefold.

At Uckfield I got braw welcome from Janice, and ‘Bonnie’ (Westie).... it was here that I found the next amazing change;    the new summer house at the bottom of the garden.    It is beautiful.... and has been decorated for Christmas.    Photos will be
Elie Bay sunrise
taken tomorrow.    We had coffee, and a three course meal, all of the normal Janice proportions.    It is one very contented ‘boy’, and an even more contented ‘puku’ who will be crawling off to bed tonight.

There doesn’t seem to be any fog around the South east tonight.... in fact it felt like it could be frosty.    Hopefully we’ll have a ‘bright and sunny, day tomorrow.     I’ll go ‘down town’ tomorrow and get some money, and have a coffee in the Civic Centre.

Photographs : Top – London train arriving at Kirkcaldy, Middle – River Thames from the Brighton train, and Bottom – one I found on my wee camera!   
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....