Overcast... but dry and mild, with a brisk Westerly breeze .....

18th December 2016 (Sunday) .... 12.00     It’s a grey morning, hardly surprising after the rain we had overnight ...., and, it’s mild (for the time of
This morning.    There was a lot of blue about.
year);  with a ‘nae bad’ drying breeze so I have a washing on the line.    It was quiet down on the beach first thing....    nice, in a ‘grey’ sort of way....  and very peaceful.

 I baked a batch of  ‘Melting Moments’;  baking helps me to relax.    I always get ‘uptight’ before going on holiday.      When I get on to the train I settle down, get a camera out,  and look forward to a coffee break ... the coffee break  ‘comes to pass’ after we leave Edinburgh.

21.30   The grey overcast weather was with us all day, but it did end with a red sky at sunset.  I did all the missions I set out to do today, even managed to take time out to go up to Kinneuchar for another practice session at photographing the floodlit
KIlconquhar Church.
Kinneuchar Kirk. It was really too windy to ‘freeze’ the decorations, but I think I’m starting to have an idea of the settings I need to use.   I went along the Main Street but the fluorescent street lights are not conducive to night time photography:  the light they give off is not a white light.    I’m hoping that the new street lights we’re getting in Elie are better.

The washing I had on the line was semi dry when I brought it in;   most of it is going into the case after I iron it.   Which job is next on the list!
Jimmy has been feeling a touch of SAD today... it’s the grey days that don’t agree with him.    I cheered him up by giving him his Christmas card;  the ink was still wet when he got it.    I also printed off the one he was giving to me.   Both of the cards are ‘rare’,
Main Street Kilconquhar.
being as they have photographs of Jimmy on the front of his card,  and me on the front of mine;  when we were in the Army.   They’re done in authentic sepia.     
  
My suitcase is beginning to fill up, the plan is to travel as light as possible, using my normal luggage:  a suitcase (medium size), and the laptop rucksack.  
I’m orf to do the above mentioned ironing before I go to bed.   That reminds me I need to find a new book to read;   I finished “1984” (George Orwell) last night.


Photographs : Top – Elie Bay 10 minutes before  sunrise time, Middle – Kilconquhar Church,  and Bottom – Kilconquhar Main Street .... the ‘fog’ isn’t fog... it’s car exhaust fumes.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....